New used car - Scorpio Ultima Cosworth

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Associate
Threads about a Scorpio, and its stupid o clock in the morning... Thats my defence and im sticking to it :D

P6000 and Scorpios nether is a work of genius or the pinnacle of design excellence.

Somebody at Ford design HQ just had a deep seated love of Jelly and decided that every angle, curve or surface needed to be smoother than the Mr Soft's most stoned evening out.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Seems a bit crap if not long ago you were offered £1300

Yes but it's been crashed into since then and the RH cat has gone.

P6000's - work fine on this car - had them on my last Scorp since owning it and didn't notice any unduly bad handling characteristics and I used to push on a fair bit as well. Maybe I need to fit different tyres to before I recognise then as carp :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Adz

Adz

Soldato
When I bought my first Omega in 2004/2005 sort of time (I forget), I had P6000s on it and I remember everyone on OcUK telling me quite vehemently that they were awful.

I have to say these people were right. I've never had a branded tyre with so little grip.

Fantastic car though. I really like Scorpios... but then I am quite strange when it comes to my taste in cars :o.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
A few more now the sun has come out:-

100_2771.jpg

100_2770.jpg

100_2769.jpg

100_2768.jpg

Soldato
Can't believe how long ago the original post was made, remember this from when you first posted!

As above, nice bit of profit on the purchase price.

Soldato
You paid £700 drove it for how many years? And then sell it for 3k :eek:. What is it with all old Fords lately going up in value. Seemed an odd car for Ford to put a Cosworth engine in originally. I wonder why they don't use them anymore?

Soldato
You paid £700 drove it for how many years? And then sell it for 3k :eek:. What is it with all old Fords lately going up in value. Seemed an odd car for Ford to put a Cosworth engine in originally. I wonder why they don't use them anymore?

I have a Ford Capri sat in the garage, I paid £1400 for it I think back in 2005, last week I watched a set of seats that were not in as good condition as mine go for £1080 on ebay.

Just need to get motivated to finish the damn thing.

Soldato
I have a Ford Capri sat in the garage, I paid £1400 for it I think back in 2005, last week I watched a set of seats that were not in as good condition as mine go for £1080 on ebay.

Just need to get motivated to finish the damn thing.
Yeh Capri's are going up and up in value lately. My dad had an A reg Capri that he sold for a few hundred pounds in the late 90's seen the same thing in the same colour for 7k on AT the other day :eek:. If only he had a garage to leave it in for a few years lol. Might put my ST220 away for 5 years because they will only keep rising in value imo :D

Caporegime
Yes it was ugly but ironically looking at the advert to my eyes (and I hated them when new) hasn’t it aged relatively well looks wise? A bit too soft for the late 90’s but in 2017 it looks the part IMO.

Usually running a car is just a hole in your pocket, I’d imagine even including running costs you’ve more or less not lost a bean on that!

And wow! How time flies!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
I do miss it TBH. As much as our "new to us" Mondeo Titanium X Sport is a nice car, I think the Scorpio was better to drive and be in.

Back
Top Bottom