5870 XFire on Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

Associate
Ive seen many reports saying this isn't ideal, i haven't got two cards but im just thinking of futureproofing, since the pci-e slots are rather close together and so one of the cards gets very warm during crossfire, if its a problem i may decide on buying a different motherboard.

Anyone else done this and can inform me of their experience.

This is the motherboard

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-159-GI

Associate
you can crossfire on it its just that the cards will be direcly next to each other meaning the temps on the first card are likely to be a few degrees above the card under it.
not the end of the world as ati 5 series card are cool and quiet.
if you are concerned about this heat thing do the extreme thing and buy another board (not worth it IMO)

Associate
no, but im buying one next tuesday :)
im sure someone who has one can confirm what i have just said
heres a picture of 4890's crossfired on a UD3r (they are pretty much the same width as a 58 series card (not my pc :p )

Associate
5870's run pretty cool and having two in xfire well one card (the top i assume) runs hotter clearly mine arnt as close as that but i can run my fully clocked up with 1350mv at 960/1300 and with the fans forced to 100% they dont go about 30and 40deg and idle at min fan speed they dont reach 50 so i would expect you to need more than min fan speed.

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom