*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Soldato
I wish all the game modes were available in hardcore, but also that hardcore had killcam sometimes so you can spot hackers more easliy and leave :p

Soldato
Akimbo should only be available on handguns, mp5k, mini-uzi and tmp IMO.

Theres a ton of people using wallhacks, texture replacement hacks or hacks to remove foliage - you just gotta know what to look for - I sometimes play with silencer, cb pro and ninja just to find them out.

Seems to be a lot more people using low fov aimbots too now rather than blatant hacking - but when theres 2 players very close together in their sights its quite obvious as they still snap from target to target - a lot harder to detect but you can tell there isn't something quite legit about their aim.

Lastly is the all out aimbotters - fortunatly seem to have slacked off a bit for now.

I must be lucky as I roll with CB pro, Silencer and Ninja on Wasteland all the time whilst hiding in the grass and NOBODY ever see's me when they shouldn't.

I've seen one guy raging with a wallhack and a couple of others where I had to really watch the killcams but nothing more than that.

I can track people running behind a wall if they aren't using Ninja with my headphones as the positional audio my Xonar DX provides is almost like having a sixth sense. I've been called a hacker a few times and it makes me LOL.

Man of Honour
But you know that when you have cold blooded, ninja, a silenced weapon and you are crouched and you haven't fired and they still track you. Then its a wall hack. Thats what l swap to when I see a dodgy killcam.

Soldato
I saw 3 of the same team using wallhacks, perhaps aimbot?

It is so frustrating it really takes away from the game, and to be honest the fun.

I bet 80% of people at 70 have cheated, either wallhacked, aimboted or xp'd themselves to that level.

I'm on like 28 and my kill/death ratio is bobbins but I know all of that is genuine!

:(

Man of Honour
I saw 3 of the same team using wallhacks, perhaps aimbot?

It is so frustrating it really takes away from the game, and to be honest the fun.

I bet 80% of people at 70 have cheated, either wallhacked, aimboted or xp'd themselves to that level.

I'm on like 28 and my kill/death ratio is bobbins but I know all of that is genuine!

:(

I got to 70 in like 3-4 days - no cheating... I haven't enabled prestige mode tho coz IMO its just lame and I love how the hacked prestige ranks show at a glance the low lifes.

It would probably take me longer now tho as at the time there was hardly any cheaters other than the lame carepackage exploiters.

Anyone thinking theres not many cheats in the game are simply naive sorry... you only have to take note of how many people used the care package exploit, rank hacks, etc. to see a good sized number of players will try to get away with anything - even aimbotting/wallhacks.

Soldato
I got to 70 in like 3-4 days - no cheating... I haven't enabled prestige mode tho coz IMO its just lame and I love how the hacked prestige ranks show at a glance the low lifes.

It would probably take me longer now tho as at the time there was hardly any cheaters other than the lame carepackage exploiters.

Anyone thinking theres not many cheats in the game are simply naive sorry... you only have to take note of how many people used the care package exploit, rank hacks, etc. to see a good sized number of players will try to get away with anything - even aimbotting/wallhacks.

My god man! How on earth did you manage that?

I've been playing MW2 for like 25 hrs so far, and I'm on 28 and its killing me I want better guns and perks!!!

Tell me your secret!

Soldato
But you know that when you have cold blooded, ninja, a silenced weapon and you are crouched and you haven't fired and they still track you. Then its a wall hack. Thats what l swap to when I see a dodgy killcam.

You need ninja pro, crouched players can still be heard. I know cos I hear them.
In Derail for instance I can hear people upstairs in the offices when I am downstairs. Its faint but the sound is still there. There are people who turn mid range and treble up whilst dropping bass in their headphones to help with picking up directional sound. (Me for instance.)

If I killed you, you would see me swop to my shotty and have the gun pointed in the direction the sound is coming from before I even see you. Guys that are using on-board audio will not be able to appreciate how helpful this is so they just think everybody is a wall hacking aim-botter.

I'm not saying hackers don't exist but its certainly not every round like some make out. I get called a hacker regularly when I'm not, so people are obviously seeing what they want to see.

Most people running hacks soon grow out of them as it makes the game crap. Whats the point in playing a game thats aiming and firing for you? The people that use them everyday as their usual routine will be low. I can't imagine a guy finishing school/work think right lets sit at a computer and let it play games for me for the next 3 hours.....Every day.

If people want to texture hack then good luck to em, I'm usually near top end of the table at the end of every round so it can't be doing them much good.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My god man! How on earth did you manage that?

I've been playing MW2 for like 25 hrs so far, and I'm on 28 and its killing me I want better guns and perks!!!

Tell me your secret!

Have to admit I had underslung launcher equipped for a lot of that - I detested it in COD4 but with so many laggy players in MW2 I got fed up and use that to make sure they drop instead of warping through my bullets :S so that probably halved the speed that it would have normally taken as thats pretty much 2-3 guaranteed kills.

Mostly playing demolition - they key really is finding the combinations that drop players fastest with your playing style.

If I killed you, you would see me swop to my shotty and have the gun pointed in the direction the sound is coming from before I even see you. Guys that are using on-board audio will not be able to appreciate how helpful this is so they just think everybody is a wall hacking aim-botter.

I'm not saying hackers don't exist but its certainly not every round like some make out. I get called a hacker regularly when I'm not, so people are obviously seeing what they want to see.

Most people running hacks soon grow out of them as it makes the game crap. Whats the point in playing a game thats aiming and firing for you? The people that use them everyday as their usual routine will be low. I can't imagine a guy finishing school/work think right lets sit at a computer and let it play games for me for the next 3 hours.....Every day.

If people want to texture hack then good luck to em, I'm usually near top end of the table at the end of every round so it can't be doing them much good.

I use CMSS-3D so I'm pretty upto speed on the positional audio front. If you play demolition or groundwar it very deffinatly is every round, some of the other modes aren't quite as frequent but its still rare to play more than 2 maps in a row before running into a hacker. I haven't actually had a single round in the last week where I haven't noticed someone using a low fov aimbot or wall hacking/texture replacement.

Probably half the people using hacks are just getting off on people raging about them using hacks :( its a power trip. I've seen the same people using hacks for 5+ hours at a time day after day - they certainly don't get bored of it :( I wish they did.

Caporegime
Can someone please tell what modes are good for raising your XP? Played for a while now and at Lv33, tried looking up on Youtube but all I could find are cheats etc.

God knows how people get max level in a few days, I need to get better quick!

Soldato
Is it me or does movement on cod mwf 2 feel well unsmooth and just horribly. i dont know how to describe it. it just doesnt feel like turning has a lot of control. compared to left for dead 2 and other games.

Man of Honour
You need ninja pro, crouched players can still be heard. I know cos I hear them.
In Derail for instance I can hear people upstairs in the offices when I am downstairs. Its faint but the sound is still there. There are people who turn mid range and treble up whilst dropping bass in their headphones to help with picking up directional sound. (Me for instance.)

I understand that crouching doesn't eliminate all the movement sound to make, if you climb stairs while crouched you still make a noise. But I did say I had all the other perks on that practically make you invisible to all sensors and you are silent while moving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom