Most ridiculous missile sequence in a movie - ever

Soldato
You say this, but I've noticed in the past couple of years that cars in films no longer explode on impact.

Seems like Hollywood have discovered crashes can be equally cool with lots of scrunchy, crunchy sound effects.

That and the myth was soundly busted on mythbusters, so they had to think of other things to do.

Man of Honour
That Battleship firing sequence!! LOL!! Muzzle flashes like they're rifles :p

This is what actually happens when a BS fires those massive guns :D :D :D

Battleship%20firing%20guns.jpg

And Tommy Lee Jones stood on the deck in Under Siege and suffered only bleeding ears as a result.

In reality the blast wave would likely has taken him apart.

Soldato
The Behind Enemy Lines missile scene would have been comical had it been sped up and set to the Benny Hill theme. :D

And Tommy Lee Jones stood on the deck in Under Siege and suffered only bleeding ears as a result.

On a similar note, I wonder what happened to this guy..

Associate

I can't remember where he was standing, but unless it was right next to the barrels I'm not convinced he would have. The main blast wave would be pretty directional (as shown by the sea in the photo, there's barely any shockwave on the other side of the BS) the only other side effect would surely be a loud noise which could result in perforated eardrums/bleeding ears.

Soldato
OP
Sasha is one of the most badass villains

Yea hes badass but a crap shot! Remember the bit where he was blatting away at the pilot as he slid down the wall of the dam! Supposedly a sniper and cant correct for a moving target (giving some lead-time) POW POW POW POW = miss miss miss miss

But then again our Hero Pilot somehow causes the baddies to be rubbish shots :)

------------

taintedlove69 - well spotted dude...he totally resembles the GVTAIV character!

Associate
Two SAMs (surface to air missiles) are launched at the F-18, all good for the first 15 secs or so....and then things start getting silly. The missiles go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....not ballistically either - their motors keep burning nonstop! If pointed stright up they would go to the moon, loop around it and come back again, go to Tescos, do shopping, put it all in your fridge and then fly around some more.

^^^^ That bit is on the deleted scenes on the DVD.

Caporegime
Yea hes badass but a crap shot! Remember the bit where he was blatting away at the pilot as he slid down the wall of the dam! Supposedly a sniper and cant correct for a moving target (giving some lead-time) POW POW POW POW = miss miss miss miss

But then again our Hero Pilot somehow causes the baddies to be rubbish shots :)

------------

taintedlove69 - well spotted dude...he totally resembles the GVTAIV character!

At least he managed to kill the other pilot. :D

HURRAH! for Niko Bellic, I mean Sasha!

Associate
A few years back my daughter bought me "Behind Enemy Lines" on video for christmas.
I threw it out ,along with around 100 other video tapes last year, still unwrapped.
I can't do "B" movies unless they are so bad they become good.

The action movie sequence that induces apoplectic fits in me is when they attack the German machine gun post in "Saving Private Ryan". 6 men, frontal assault, MG42..........prfffft! It would have been thrud thrud thrud, lets go check the bodies for cigatettes.

Man of Honour
I'm watching The Descent 2 right now and this is another 'movie' thing that gets on my nerves.
If I was to turn my £1 LED light on in a darkened room I would see all the room but in a film the torch only shows the immediate thing it shines on and all around is still black.
Bah.

Back
Top Bottom