Paypal - seriously, what?

Soldato
I'm not sure what the original e-mail that you sent was, but their reply was completely pointless.

Yes you clearly know why they have the protective services department however it has ruled what seems a stupid decision - how about some help?

Keep pestering them!

Associate
I don't see the point in paypal any more. They only exist to provide a layer of protection, which they don't seem to do any more because filing a dispute seems to be a complete gamble even if you have undeniable proof that you're correct.

Surely some of the stuff they've pulled can't even be legal?

Just keep at them. Chances are if you pester them long enough it'll go your way if only to get rid of you!

Soldato
This doesn't help Fox, but this is the reason I can't bring myself to even try and use Ebay. I hear so many horror stories, and though I know 1000's of transactions occur every day with no issue, being ripped off like that would bug me far too much. :(

Associate
[TW]Fox;16217161 said:
Did you put that it was broken? Because it can't be 'sold as seen' as the buyer gets no opportunity to see the item..

yup I said exactly what was broken from the phone.

Man of Honour
OP
I keep getting replies from them but they are always the same - they just restate the decision is final and offer no explanation.

I would issue a chargeback but I I don't want to risk my account :(

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16226216 said:
I keep getting replies from them but they are always the same - they just restate the decision is final and offer no explanation.

I would issue a chargeback but I I don't want to risk my account :(

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if they bar your account, can't you just open a new one with a different email address?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16226496 said:
Apparently not, no. It is linked to your address.

I guess it's optimistic to change your address, and then do the charge back. Basically, remove as much association from the account that you can, and then screw them.

Man of Honour
OP
I doubt its dodgy, its probably fine (I've not checked - which is a point, if I plug it in and it triggers a fault code (ie, its duff) then I've got no comeback now, right?) but... grr, its the principle of the thing really.

Soldato
The last problem i had with the bay i went straight to my cc company did not even bother with paypal sorted no problem.

Soldato
All you need to do is remove the associated credit card from your account, change your address on it, then do the charge back, IF Paypal close your account you can open a new one with the same CC and correct address.

Don't see any reason why that wouldnt work!

Associate
You can open another account with the same house address, just make sure you remove the credit card first, otherwise once the account is in dispute they won't allow you to remove it. I have 2 accounts, the original one has been frozen. Second account works fine, have had it for 6 months now.

Soldato
Paypal are absolute crap, I sold a broken phone on ebay an wrote at the top and bottom of the listing "SOLD AS SEEN" but the person bid and won it at the last second before he even read the description, filed a claim saying it wasn't working and she won.

well if you never said in the listing CLEARLY that it was faulty you were in the wrong.

I would assume it was working unless you said it was faulty.. (however I would not big on anything saying sold as seen at the bottom as it screams scam)

Man of Honour
OP
Never buy something on Ebay when it doesnt even have a picture with it! what do you expect!! jesuuus

There was a picture :confused:

Paypal have replied again, woohoo.

In response to your questions, PayPal does not have any authority over eBaylistings; the Seller assumes all responsibility for the listing. This is also shown on all eBay listings.

The fact that the item is 9 years old does not mean that it has been used for that amount of time.

Finally, no further information was required from you as the item is as described due to the above, therefore we are unable to reverse our decision.

So there you go guys - list everything you sell on Ebay as 'nearly new' and Paypal will side with you because 'just because it isnt nearly new does not mean it isnt nearly new' or something :p

Back
Top Bottom