Zero Punc Bad Company 2 review

Caporegime
yeah yhatze never plays mp with people who aren't within arms reach.

makes his revies of mp games a bit silly though

Caporegime
ITs got a big single player element and while most people who buy it will play through the single player, not all will play the MP and quite a lot of those won't play it for very long.

THe single player was pretty dreadful, with one of the single worst made "driving/fight" sections of a game ever made due to the "dust" he mentions as a problem in the game.

Mp these days just bores me to tears, MP is simply too easy, if you don't suck then theres no challenge and the lack of change and playing the exact same game over and over just doesn't provide any enthusiasm, single player gaming with a decent story line is far more involving in terms of game making/story telling.

I don't actually agree with him that its the "realism" that sucked about MW2 and BC2, as I think both were about as realistic as the idea of me banging Jessica Biel, they just were pretty standard levels with a truly awful story and some awful game mechanics.

Man of Honour
ITs got a big single player element and while most people who buy it will play through the single player, not all will play the MP and quite a lot of those won't play it for very long.

THe single player was pretty dreadful, with one of the single worst made "driving/fight" sections of a game ever made due to the "dust" he mentions as a problem in the game.

Mp these days just bores me to tears, MP is simply too easy, if you don't suck then theres no challenge and the lack of change and playing the exact same game over and over just doesn't provide any enthusiasm, single player gaming with a decent story line is far more involving in terms of game making/story telling.

I don't actually agree with him that its the "realism" that sucked about MW2 and BC2, as I think both were about as realistic as the idea of me banging Jessica Biel, they just were pretty standard levels with a truly awful story and some awful game mechanics.

I don't really agree re the multiplayer. Definitely it can be too easy if you're not playing against decent players, but equally the absolute awfulness of the AI in games just makes me :/

I tend to not play FPS games for the storyline to be honest. Aside from System Shock 2, I can't think of many FPS games that the single player really did it for me.

Probably just me though.

To be honest I get bored of most singleplayer games pretty quickly. Multiplayer is where it's at, because sometimes it can go really well, other times, due to different styles of play, you can find it not going so well. The feeling that that person you've just killed ingame is sitting at their keyboard somewhere having just been killed ingame and feels that fact is far more rewarding then just killing another AI character who lets face it, really doesn't care one way or the other. Some single player games are interesting enough to keep me going back to them, most just get boring for me after the first half an hour.

Soldato
Good lord, arrogance much?

Lol my thoughts too.

I don't really play the sp of any fps games unless i got no net connection or something, if im going to play some fps its going to be online, every session is always different, changes if your playing with friends, on your own, different class, clan matches. ONLINE wins

Last edited:
Soldato
Thing is, if they've added a SP mode, then its going to get reviewed based on that. Sure, most reviewers would also cover the MP side, but its well known that Yahtzee doesn't. Except with TF2, which was purely on-line.

Soldato
This is why Yahtzee annoys me now. The MP aside, he concentrates on the bad side of games so much that he makes every game seem awful. I agree with most of the points he made (especially the mortar bit), but I still loved the game. Sure, point out the flaws, but give us some of the good side of the games as well. BC2 SP is very enjoyable and I can't believe Yahtzee didn't like one bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom