Geil Black Dragon 6GB

Associate
I've been looking at RAM for weeks and i can't decide which DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz to go for. I can't find any reviews of the Geil Black Dragon 6GB on OcUK so i can't tell whether it is any good. its got ok timings and it looks quite nice too. Has anyone bought any of this RAM and could you tell me what you think?

Thanks,

Jake

Associate
I've just built a system using this memory together with a Gigabyte X58 UD3R motherboard and an I7 920 - I haven't overclocked it yet (only finished the build a couple of days ago and want to test it thoroughly at stock first) so can't comment how it performs there, but it worked fine on auto settings and looks good !

Associate
I've just built a system using this memory together with a Gigabyte X58 UD3R motherboard and an I7 920 - I haven't overclocked it yet (only finished the build a couple of days ago and want to test it thoroughly at stock first) so can't comment how it performs there, but it worked fine on auto settings and looks good !

So you're using 6GB?

Please comment on the xmp. Check it with cpu-z please.

Associate
It's great Memory as far as I'm able to tell so far, I've had this for a month and never had an issue with it.
Yes, it works with X.M.P (I have it runing as such in my Asus P6TD).

Oh, and it looks awesome (black with red LEDs)!

Associate
Could someone confirm whether the exact timings indicated on the memory sticker is 8-8-8-24 or 8-8-8-28?

Because on the ocuk product description it says 8-8-8-24?!

Associate
I would get this Geil is superb RAM with fantastic support if you ever need it and you shouldn't with these as they are specially tested before they are sent out.

Associate
Thanks.

One more question. Is this a lot faster than PC3-10666C7 1333MHz which is C7 vs C8? In other words does the lower CAS make up for the speed diff?

Back
Top Bottom