Spotify Premium = Win

Soldato
After ages of umming and ahhing about becoming a Spotify premium member, I finally bit the bullet and did it... I now have the added bonus of no adverts, slightly higher quality sound, and the ability to download tracks to my computer to play when I have no 'net connection available (I am regularly away from home for work).

The clincher for me was a Spotify application for my HTC Hero. This means I can sync an offline playlist from my PC onto my phone for use on the move (I drive and cycle a lot).
If I get bored of the music I've uploaded to my phone, I'm able to download and keep offline directly from my mobile using either mobile broadband, or a WiFi connection.

I am exceedingly happy with my purchase, as I use Spotify an awful lot, and definatley feel like I have got my moneys worth.

So to anyone considering a Spotify Premium account, I reccommend it! :)

Associate
Jpmonkey, they just updated their mobile app to include some of the new features including your new library inbox.

If my mates and I are off on a trip in the car, they can send music to me before coming over ready to play them. :)

Associate
Yes mame, it has an "offline mode" which allows you to download the songs. It only downloads the songs inside spotify though, so you can't extract them and burn them if that's what you were on about.

Man of Honour
Is this still £9.99 a month ? And you can just download whatever you want as well as just streaming?

Yep.

It's a shame they don't have more music from artists... like their entire catalogue of albums, and that some songs from certain albums aren't available.

But on the whole I think it's great. Especially if I can now play my own music on the mobile app... can I?

Soldato
You get it about half price with a 3 contract. About 98 quid I think it was for 24 months - snapped that puppy up with my HTC Hero and loving it :)

Associate
I took the plunge yesterday, and i'm more than pleased with the service so far.

This is mostly due to the mobile version, my phone will download my entire playlist collection whenever a wifi connection is available.

Associate
Spotify is great. I got a 3 months premium membership around Christmas and since then I really cannot justify paying it again, the ads don't bother me, I get one maybe every 45mins. One of the reasons I would pay for it again is to have it on iphone with the new background/multitasking feature coming out soon, its not very good that at the moment you cant listen to spotify in the background while your doing something else.

Soldato
I didn't know you can download the music.

Does it come in a funny format or is it encoded in some way which means you have to play it through spotify or some kind of related app? If it just downloads to an mp3 with no kind of 'DRM/security' etc I'd definitely go for it

Back
Top Bottom