Nice suprise

Associate
Use film too, it's a lot of fun. And I actually don't mind the Nikon 50mm, it's built better than the Canon one afaik.

That's not saying a lot, the Canon 50mm f/1.8 is atrocious, I don't know many people that have still got them, most went straight for the (much better built) f/1.4
The Canon and Nikon f/1.4s are about on par (though the Nikon feels nicer)

Associate
twoblacklines - get yourself a roll of 35mm film (if that's what it takes!) and at least try and shoot some film. Can always get it developed at Boots or wherever for next to nothing, makes you work a lot harder and the results can be fantastic :)

This, i recently ran a film through my grandfather's Pentax MX, was good fun and a good learning experience. Only cost me £2.97 to get it developed straight to Disc (no prints)

Man of Honour
That's not saying a lot, the Canon 50mm f/1.8 is atrocious, I don't know many people that have still got them, most went straight for the (much better built) f/1.4
The Canon and Nikon f/1.4s are about on par (though the Nikon feels nicer)

I still rate the older f/1.4 AF-D version over the new ones, solid lump of metal, the f/1.4 AF-S feels a bit plastic in comparison...

Soldato
A Tak' lens on a K mounted body?

I take it an adapter was involved... Takumar lenses fetch good money in the right circles. If I didn't already have a Super-Multi-Coated one, I'd tell you they were crap and offer you a silly price for it. :D

Back
Top Bottom