THIS WEEK ONLY 21ST JULY 2010

Soldato
I've got that reaper ram and its very good, but beware of the height, my fenrir covers the ram slot closest to the CPU, and because of the height of the ram I wouldn't be able to install 4 sticks. Very lucky I only ordered to 2 sticks

Problem with most decent coolers and mobo's these days. I find it quite unbelievable that the high end mobo's still have the closest RAM slot far too close to where the fan is going to go on the cooler. I mean, who is going to buy a top end mobo and use a standard cooler for the CPU? I have some Corsair XMS3 which just about fits in the first slots under the fan. Any RAM with a taller cooler and I am out of the game for matching 4 x 2gb matched pairs.

Associate
I have noticed that the "Titan Onyx" Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz @ 4.00GHz Quad Core DDR3 System @ £782.23 inc VAT

has gone up in price not down. it was £750-70 the last time i looked, jumping up in price by about £20. i might be wrong but i was pricing a titan onyx a few days ago and it was £1050, now the same system with the same specs cost £1075, a jump of 25 bucks. not sure if this is what they do in the stores as well.. i.e. price something slightly higher and then slash xx% off to make it look like a good deal.

not sure if anybody else noticed ?

check this post on the forum to proof my point. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18156932

Soldato
OP
I have noticed that the "Titan Onyx" Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz @ 4.00GHz Quad Core DDR3 System @ £782.23 inc VAT

has gone up in price not down. it was £750-70 the last time i looked, jumping up in price by about £20. i might be wrong but i was pricing a titan onyx a few days ago and it was £1050, now the same system with the same specs cost £1075, a jump of 25 bucks. not sure if this is what they do in the stores as well.. i.e. price something slightly higher and then slash xx% off to make it look like a good deal.

not sure if anybody else noticed ?

check this post on the forum to proof my point. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18156932

Totally not the case. Fluctuations in exchange rates changes the prices of components which force system prices up. Its just economy at the moment, either way its a godamn good deal!

Associate
If i were to order the Kripton I7 930 tonight would it be delivered by Monday? I need to know as i will only be at the address that i want to send it to up until monday...

AMG

AMG

Soldato
now bring the GTX480 down :p not likey to happen for a while if it does I ll take one and sell off my two :p ( so I can actruly use linux for some games) means ATI seem to cry at that

Associate
Totally not the case. Fluctuations in exchange rates changes the prices of components which force system prices up. Its just economy at the moment, either way its a godamn good deal!

The post dated 21st July at the top of this thread has the Titan Onyx as £782.23. It's not even the end of the current this week only and if you follow the link it now says:

This Week Only Offer
was £823.36 inc VAT
£811.61 inc VAT

However, it looks like a different CPU. But it's a bit misleading. Especially if tyhe processor is just clocked to the same level the previous one was.

Associate
Just to let you know that http://www.overclockers.co.uk/news.php#2875 shows

"Krypton Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Overclocked Bundle at only £406.49 Inc. VAT.

"Ultima Raptor" AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz @ 4.00GHz DDR3 System at only £821.24 Inc. VAT.

"Titan Krypt" AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90GHz Quad Core DDR3 System at only £393.24 Inc. VAT.

"Titan Onyx" Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz @ 4.00GHz Quad Core DDR3 System at only £711.74 Inc. VAT.

"Titan Xenomorph" Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz @ 4.20GHz Nvidia Edition DDR3 System at only £461.50 Inc. VAT.

Which are all different prices to the actual item when clicked on, and different to the prices you show in this thread.

I have noticed this in the past also:confused:..the prices and descriptions are slightly misleading imo ..for example the ultima raptor is advertised as 891 incl vat but i fail to see how i am able to get it at that price as it comes up as 910 inc vat when i click on buy..ialso says a choice of direct x 11 gpu but the standard option for the base price is a 4850? ..not saying it aint a good deal , however it's still misleading imo as clearly it is not possible to buy the system for the £891 advertised.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have noticed this in the past also:confused:..the prices and descriptions are slightly misleading imo ..for example the ultima raptor is advertised as 891 incl vat but i fail to see how i am able to get it at that price as it comes up as 910 inc vat when i click on buy..ialso says a choice of direct x 11 gpu but the standard option for the base price is a 4850? ..not saying it aint a good deal , however it's still misleading imo as clearly it is not possible to buy the system for the £891 advertised.

This was a bug in the news post that has been corrected. Basically the prices shown are the prices before the website option are added, for example the standard 4850 for the Titan Onyx or the GTX 460 768MB in the Titan Xenomorph. As for bundles the price without the cooler.

All prices are correct now

Back
Top Bottom