TITAN ONYX INTEL CORE I7 920 D0 2.66GHZ @ 4.00GHZ DDR3 SYSTEM PRICE DROP

Caporegime
This made me lol, Stoke ain't that bad.

Lol - I will never forget the first time I went to Fenton. I was thinking we must be lost as OcUK could not be in a place like this. Moving to Newcastle-under-lyme was a good move :p

In fairness, Stoke does have its moments but there are some truly dodgy parts.

This is usually the case. Just webnote in or call if you need any help with it :)

Cheers - I will do if the stress testing doesn't work out :)

Associate
well i`m kinda peeved. i got to go to the bank tomorrow and then order again. and hope to get it by friday... somehow i don`t think i`ll get this till next weeeeeeeeeek :(

looking forwards to breaking into the processing power as well :(

was also wondering if this is any good with this set up http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-002-CS

kinda got a dusty house... and that darned ash cloud didn`t help any good. neither will the demolishing of the massive flats in the coming years help either :(

i always fancied a quiet computer rather than a noisy bugger.

Last edited:

Fel

Fel

Associate
Well CPU-Z says 2.4Ghz but OcUK support say he needs to run Prime95 along with CPU-Z because of Speedstep.

Sorry broad band has been down for 2 days.

My CPU-Z shoes 3.9885 Ghz at the moment not running Prime95. Wonder why that is not dropping back ??

I agree with them though - if your friend runs Prime95 and hits 4.0 GHZ or therabouts then it sounds like it is ok. If not then they need ot go into the BIOS and take some notes of the settings and contact o/c again.

Associate
How does the 950 compare? Just wondering cos isn't there meant to be a big price drop on this chip later in the year?

Soldato
OP
How does the 950 compare? Just wondering cos isn't there meant to be a big price drop on this chip later in the year?

the 950 stock speed is 3.06GHz and has a higher multiplier so acheiving a higher clock is easier. From a system point of view it makes no difference as we will clock a 950 and 920 both to 4GHz so the extra multi isn't used, so tbh not worth the price at the moment.

Caporegime
Sorry broad band has been down for 2 days.

My CPU-Z shoes 3.9885 Ghz at the moment not running Prime95. Wonder why that is not dropping back ??

I agree with them though - if your friend runs Prime95 and hits 4.0 GHZ or therabouts then it sounds like it is ok. If not then they need ot go into the BIOS and take some notes of the settings and contact o/c again.

Weird, maybe Speedstep is off? He still hasn't had a chance to go back to look. He did have a cheeky play on Batman:AA at the next resolution up from 1080p and said it was gob smacking!

Fel

Fel

Associate
Yes power options in Win 7 had disabled speedstep - now only shows 4Ghz when running anything serious - otherwise drops right back

Back
Top Bottom