Hows Your battery life?

Associate
Being a desire owner battery life was always a weakness of the device (along with the terrible speaker) and I am interested in how much people are eeking out of their ip4s in comparison to the top uk handsets.

My rooted Desire running 2.2 is looking at about 30 hours moderate usage [few hours of music, calls, texts, push emails, app updates/downloads, twitter on 4 hour sync, few hour 3g/wifi browsing so fairly standard stuff] (yeah im shocked too lol)

How are people finding the ip4?

Associate
Very open ended question because of settings, apps used and for how long etc so hard to get any real comparison IMO.

Example...I've had mine last anywhere from less than 24 hours to 3 full days with 25% power left.

Generally though I get about a day and a half to two days so happy enough.

:)

Associate
OP
i know its incredibly open ended and subjective, its just a relaxed enquiry to see how the phones are performing in the real world =)

hell i know i can kill mine quick as anything hotspotting+streaming last.fm+setting every app to update every 15mins etc :D

Soldato
My typical usage is anything from 6-9 hours with 4-5 days standby, depending on what I'm doing. Usually it's just Facebook, iPod and the odd game along with "normal" text and call use.

Soldato
My IP4 battery life isn't that good but its understandable as i keep playing games on it all the time especially angry birds(best game ever), i also find myself recording lots of hd stuff as this is by far the best phone I had for recording video the touch focus option is something i have been waiting for on a mobile phone.

When its in general use the battery life is far better than the Desire(had one for 3 months) then changed it too the Galaxy S which has slightly better battery life over the Desire, took the gamble on the IP4 to see if i would like it and i can say for sure i won't be selling it to go back on Android any time soon and the battery life is great on it far better than my other 2 phones.

Last edited:
Associate
My typical usage is anything from 6-9 hours with 4-5 days standby, depending on what I'm doing. Usually it's just Facebook, iPod and the odd game along with "normal" text and call use.
wow! I assume that's with no drip charging and with 3G off almost all the time as that eats battery :confused:

Soldato
wow! I assume that's with no drip charging and with 3G off almost all the time as that eats battery :confused:

No charging in-between full charges, 3G and WiFi are permanently enabled in settings, but obviously WiFi takes over when it can find a network to connect to (approx 12 hours per day). 3G is only really in use in-between work and home plus overnight. TBH I haven't noticed any difference on the battery between the 2 anyway :confused:

I'm only plugging it in to charge approx once a week.

Back
Top Bottom