Woman at the petrol station

Soldato
Just went to fill my car up, and a woman sat in her PJ's in her car called me over, said she was from reading and rushed out the house because her mum had been taken ill and had forgot her purse, and wanted me to lend her some money!

I said no, and she seem shocked that I wouldn't give a strange woman money and turned quite bitchy!

What would you have done??

If it was a tenner then yea maybe, but she wanted her tank filling up so she could get back home

Associate
Scam, if you fill your car and then realise you have left wallet/purse at home they will let you pay later even with no ID, they take your number plate. Some call the police to verify who you are.

I would not have given her any money.
Jay

Soldato
You did the right thing, if it was a 5 to get back home and such then yeah. But filling up the tank is £40???

There are people out there would are quite low to use such feeble excuses to get away with it.

Caporegime
I would have told her to get lost.

Scam, if you fill your car and then realise you have left wallet/purse at home they will let you pay later even with no ID, they take your number plate. Some call the police to verify who you are.

I would not have given her any money.
Jay

Most if not all garages would tell you to leave the car there if you have to leave to get money.

Soldato
You did the right thing, if it was a 5 to get back home and such then yeah. But filling up the tank is £40???

There are people out there would are quite low to use such feeble excuses to get away with it.

I don't know, she might have been driving this:
bowlernemsisgt4.jpg

I'd do anything to not pay nearly £500 to fill it up. ;)

Soldato
Had this myself around 8 years ago, some story about how they had rushed from the house as her fella had turned violent. They had pulled off the motorway to get petrol but had no money.

A couple of issues with it:

The main one being that the nearest motorway is 15 miles away and there are loads of garages between there and here. Oh yeah, and the gypsies were in a field around the corner. Stunning girls as well, probably a trick they pull a lot.

Soldato
No, I wouldn't have given any money in this situation. Alarm bells would be ringing, sounds like a scam playing on your conscience, nasty.

Soldato
She could have asked the person inside for help instead of you and they could have sorted out other ways for her to pay I guess. I say it's a scam.

Soldato
Then they let you contact some one to come.get you / bring money for you.

When I had an interview at a garage the owner said they have had a few people do similar things and they end up calling the police.

They tried that with me once when the banks system screwed up couldn't take any money out and they couldn't get it through. Told me to leave the car and walk. Told her to get stuffed and I would be back in 10 minutes left my bank card and drivers licence. And that she could phone the police if she liked I would be back before they got here.

I spoke to a police officer after the event as she raged me so much I went to the station and they said that they wouldn't class it as theft until 24 hours had passed and you had not gone back with the money. That was how they dealt with them up here. Leave your car and walk hell no.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They tried that with me once when the banks system screwed up couldn't take any money out and they couldn't get it through. Told me to leave the car and walk. Told her to get stuffed and I would be back in 10 minutes left my bank card and drivers licence. And that she could phone the police if she liked I would be back before they got here.

I spoke to a police officer after the event as she raged me so much I went to the station and they said that they wouldn't class it as theft until 24 hours had passed and you had not gone back with the money. That was how they dealt with them up here. Leave your car and walk hell no.

What? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom