i cant stop dribbling

Soldato
friend of mine has bought himself a new bike.

IMG_0176.jpg

Turbo Hayabusa streetfighter with 50bhp nos kit/spondon swingarm/full carbon bodywork and running a daytime mot so no lights at all only a horn and number plate...

my only personal experience is with a tt600 many moons ago, i did think about asking for a shot but figured i would die within 10 seconds.

evil evil thing and sounds like nothing i've ever heard before :)

Associate
I had a 1300cc turbo car and that was quick, I dread to think what this is like! Isn't a normal Hayabusa quick enough stock?! lol Nutters!

Soldato
You put the bike in for a regular MOT & get an advisory sheet issued which states the bike can only be used during daytime hours, not at night or during times of low visibility.

No brake light is a cloudy issue and the rider is asking to get pulled often. I believe this is allowed under hand signal rules but given that many folk who tend to push these limits do so to be 'cool', one has to wonder if they'd use hand signals which they might view as geeky. Failing to use a hand signal which results in an accident could fall under the 'due reasonable care' law. Which could result in the rider facing both criminal and civil punishment.

There's some food for thought..

Soldato
You put the bike in for a regular MOT & get an advisory sheet issued which states the bike can only be used during daytime hours, not at night or during times of low visibility.

No brake light is a cloudy issue and the rider is asking to get pulled often. I believe this is allowed under hand signal rules but given that many folk who tend to push these limits do so to be 'cool', one has to wonder if they'd use hand signals which they might view as geeky. Failing to use a hand signal which results in an accident could fall under the 'due reasonable care' law. Which could result in the rider facing both criminal and civil punishment.

There's some food for thought..

I believe the rule states that if you have a brake light you also *need* to have headlights/tail lights, which seems a bit silly really...

Personally if I ever bother to MOT my race bike I'd fit just a brake light unit after the MOT, really wouldn't want to ride on the roads without a brake light, but then I wouldn't really want to ride without indicators or mirrors either :p

Back
Top Bottom