Spec me a mono laser printer

Associate
Hi.

I currently have a Samsung ML2010, which has been great while it worked. For the last few months though, paper refuses to pick up through it. A bit of internet research revelas that this is a common problem with this printer and the only fix is to replace the pick up roller.

Easier said than done. I can find the replacement roller, but for the life of me I can't work out how to get the case apart.

So I though nuts to it, I'll get a new printer. I was happy with the quality of the Samsung but I'm hesitant to buy Samsung again, as I only use the printer very rarely (like half a dozen prints pre month) so I'm quite unhappy that it's gone bad so easily.

So I want a mono laser printer, no frills, cheap as chips, but dead reliable. As I say, it will only see light use.

I really have no knowledge of which manufacturers are good or bad so I'd really appreciate any advice.

Soldato
Get a refurbed HP. I bought an HP 1320DN which comes with duplex and network for £79.99, Page count was only around the 3000 mark! I upgraded it with the Extra tray as well, which comes in very handy!

Mud

Mud

Soldato
I'm told network administrators (i.e., those in the know [not me]) prefer Brother printers, so I bought a HL-2035. No complaints.

Associate
we use hp 4000, 4100, 4200 at work, and they are real workhorses. the 4000s are still going strong and they are ancient!

the 4200/4250 seem to go through a lot of service kits (rollers/fusers etc) comparatively, but they are in bank branches and do a LOT of work.

Back
Top Bottom