My Super Machine. Few Questions.

Associate
If I had 5k to blow on a pc, I would ask Nath to build me a dual xeon water-cooled with tri ski 580s :)

Watercooling should definitely be done. Hell, I've spent 2.5k on my pc including water-cooling and it looks incredible, have a click on my sig, it takes you to the build :)

Good point here, I would at least look at the Xeon based systems which can be badass for that price ;)

Associate
Isn't it true that 3D monitors can have a resolution up to 1920*1080 ?
If that is the case,there is no point buying more than one. I might as well be mistaken though.
I mean, why not buy 2*27" ? You will get a very better view and take advantage of that beast you are going to buy...

Soldato
Can you request the parts instead of it pre built? The only reason I wouldn't buy a pre built system, is because its pre built and about a 3rd of the fun of having a new PC is the ability to build it :rolleyes:.

Of course you can request all the parts and build yourself. I just think with the money you have planned on spending, it's a no brainer to not get the SR2.
Have a look in the case section build logs theres a couple in there

Associate
If this computer is solely for gaming, an SR2 and dual - Xeon CPU setup is not necessary.

Personally, I'd:

A) Get a i7-2600k for its bargain price - then upgrade to Ivy Bridge or Bulldozer when it comes out
B) Go for an i7-990x or 980x and get G1 Series Motherboard

Source:

I do not even know why I spent close to half my architecture grant ($17,500) on my computer.. Hardly anything comes close to stressing my setup

Associate
predicament: why do you feel the need to lie about your rig....i have answered questions on threads youve posted about a rig you built a month ago...it appeared to be your first build and you couldnt get it working...from memory there were multiple faults on it.....and your trying to buy a 580 on MM....whats the deal mate because posting specs you aint got aint cool......i'd love a pic posted to prove me wrong though? so how about it mate :)

Caporegime
If this computer is solely for gaming, an SR2 and dual - Xeon CPU setup is not necessary.

Personally, I'd:

A) Get a i7-2600k for its bargain price - then upgrade to Ivy Bridge or Bulldozer when it comes out
B) Go for an i7-990x or 980x and get G1 Series Motherboard

Source:

I do not even know why I spent close to half my architecture grant ($17,500) on my computer.. Hardly anything comes close to stressing my setup

Why are you bothering to still reply in this thread when the OP has got his stuff and started another thread.

Back
Top Bottom