3 Screen Problem

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I got the following set up:

Spec1-1.jpg

I have been running 2 screens (the 24" Iiyama through HDMI, and an old Dell 19" moniter, through VGA (with a VGA>DVI connecter)) and has been working really well.

I have a 32" LG TV around 4-5m away, I just finally got a 5m HDMI cable.

Went to set it all up, and for some reason, the Iiyama won't run through DVI (the PC finds it in "Resolution" etc but displays nothing)
I can get display onto the LG TV up fine, but not together with the Iiyama (well I can't seem to get it working at all through DVI)?

Any ideas to what can be causing this please?

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
With these graphics cards you need to connect at least one of the monitors up to the Display port connection on the card for it to be able to output to three monitors, hence why one of your monitors is currently not working (using 2x DVI + 1x HDMI).

If you don't have any monitors with displayport inputs then you need to use an active adapter. OCUK don't currently sell any of these with the full-size display port connection, but if you google "Sapphire 44000-02-40R" then this adapter will work fine with a DVI monitor - it costs ~£20.

Associate
OP
Firstly thanks Andi again, you have helped me loads.
It's kinda a bummer, I got advice that I could run all 3 moniters off this graphics card (not including the displayport) but its no bummer, tbh I don't really need the Dell screen, was just a waste to not make use of it :(

Secondly, the Iiyama wasn't working on DVI, due to the screen's setting being on HDMI not auto (or DVI) what a schoolboy error lol

Thanks again, will keep this in mind for future :)

Associate
OP
I have a VGA>DVI adapter already, so I could get a VGA>Displayport, or a DVI>displayport couldn't I? (for the Iiyama screen)

Associate
OP
Oh awesome, thanks for that.

I am not in a great rush to get one, would be nice to have all 3 working, but just spent a big wack on the new setup.

Thanks again everyone :)

Associate
OCUK sell an active adapter for £22

Any chance you could point out where? I can't seem to find it... :(

All I come up with is 2 £8.99 adaptors that don't look to be active at that price point...

Back
Top Bottom