Spec me Stuff to do in York

Soldato
I'm going on holiday to York on the 23rd for 5 days. Am going with one of my aunts and travelling down first class on the train, staying at a hotel in the city centre.

Can anyone suggest any places we could go when were there? My aunt has some health issues so nothing thats physically strenuous and preferably stuff thats close to the centre or that can be easily reached by public transport.

Soldato
Ha, I love it. First post classic.

"Looking for stuff to do in York please"

"How about going to London?"

*Facepalm*

Serious suggestions, there's the Cathedral to visit, and the Jorvik Viking centre is good for a giggle! :)

Soldato
Yorvik centre, york Minster, to a historic walk of the Walls. Visit tourist information.

It is nice but can all be done in a day.

You are not far from several airports- why don't you go to Paris for a few days?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
There's tons of museums in York, plus there's the shambles to walk around, the Minster, loads of shopping places, the Wall's to go around, etc etc.

Soldato
You are only 2hours from London. Could do some day trips to the big smoke?

You are Boris Johnson and I claim my £5!

Huh?! how is York anywhere near London?! I could understand if you were down the south of the country but York?! That's up north, crazy.

Anyway do the usual, Clifford's tower, Jorvik, Railway Museum... There's the York Dungeon too but I've not been there. I get up to York a lot as my girlfriend studies there.
There is just a lot to be said for walking around places like the shambles etc and going in the nice charming shops on those old streets.
Just enjoy a very pretty city! Hopefully it is a nice day and then you can chill in the park by the river. I'd say Betty's is a waste of time, I have no idea why people queue for so long there.

Soldato
OP
Don't forget the National Railway Museum, this should help you plan your stay:

http://www.visityork.org/

I actually did look at that website, but theres that much stuff that its hard to pick what to do.

My primary school did a school holiday to York for 5 days and I have a lot of good memories from that. Definetely want to see the transport museam and the Yorvik centre again. Also want to go on one of the ghost walks. And we'll visit the Shambles of course. Not done a walk around the Walls though. Might look into that one.

Soldato
Do a search on he this thread pops up all the time, I know as I always reply to them as I live here.

But York dungeon is very good , museum gardens are cool and as are the bar Walls.

Avoid bettys as said its crap, if you want good food , lamb and lion does brilliant traditional English fare. Very good Chinese I'd red chillies or if curry is your thing akbahrs or saffron are both pretty good. Enjoy York it's avery beautiful place

Soldato
OP
I think we'll give the dungeon a miss. I like the sound of it, but my aunts not that great with scary stuff. She'd probably end up hysterical.

We'll definetely be going to the museams and I like the sound of that river boat tour :)

Soldato
I'm going on holiday to York on the 23rd for 5 days. Am going with one of my aunts and travelling down first class on the train, staying at a hotel in the city centre.

Can anyone suggest any places we could go when were there? My aunt has some health issues so nothing thats physically strenuous and preferably stuff thats close to the centre or that can be easily reached by public transport.

Take a sleeping bag

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13359354Bedbugs bite into the US economy

Back
Top Bottom