Sennheiser PC 360 and sound card?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I am looking at purchasing the Sennheiser PC 360 heaset for gaming.

Now, I require a good sound card to go with it. I only have built in sound currently, and that has lasted me for a while now.

What can you recommend to go with the PC 360s, without breaking the bank ;)

If I had all the money in the world, I would go for a D2X, but sadly I don't think my cash will even reach that far.

Any advice would be great. Just to add, I would like to still keep my speakers plugged into my PC (I have Creative Gigawork T20 speakers, the original ones which are ace, and I want to use them for movies) so the headset and speakers need to be swapped out pretty quickly, or even use the headset in the front panel of the PC.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Have a look at the Xonar DS, its about £40 and should fit your bill. It has a replaceable OPAMP for the headphones, does Dolby Headphone. Its a cracking budget card.

Soldato
OP
What's the DG like with the Sennheiser 360s? Is that decent card too with them?

The problem I have, is that I want to use my speakers for things, and then the headset for other things. But surely the headset works best with the headphone pre-amp.

So overall, I am a bit stumped :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's the combination I have at the moment and considering the low cost of the DG it works surprisingly well. I thought I might need to buy an amplifier before i tried it but I haven't needed to.

Ok, interesting. I guess though, you can the headset plugged directly into the soundcard though yes? If I had my speakers plugged in, I would want to use the front panel on my case, but then surely that negates the headphone pre-amp?

Back
Top Bottom