Fractal Design Arc

Soldato
Cant see it being that expensive. Pretty sure thats actually a plastic front (Stylish, minimalistic front panel with alu-look) and i am also sure that they are actually Lian Li OEM chassis rebranded.. ;)

Associate
Cant see it being that expensive. Pretty sure thats actually a plastic front (Stylish, minimalistic front panel with alu-look) and i am also sure that they are actually Lian Li OEM chassis rebranded.. ;)

Pricing will be around £70. Checked on bit-tech and you're right, it is a plastic front which is rather disappointing :(.

However, plastic front and re-branded Lian Li OEM are kind of mutually exclusive :p.

Last edited:
Associate

Plastic front is a bit of a disappointment, but then it looks the part and that's what matters, plus the other features it has more than make up for it, not sure about the Lian Li OEM chassis though, why wouldn't lian li sell it themselves as it's sure to be pretty popular, it doesn't seem to share many lian li features either, plastic front, black insides etc.

Soldato
Lian Li have a OEM sector now and will make chassis to order for manufacturers. Have a look at the Lancool range ;) Now they are not the normal sort of Lian Li chassis you see either.. I am not knocking the design as i quite like it apart from the plastic front and the silly HUUUUUUGE embossed "Fractal" on it. Loads of room and if you take out the middle cage you can get a huge GFX Card in it. Very wide so can get it nice and tidy..

Soldato
Looks very sleek and minimalistic. Shame the front is plastic though! I'd happily pay a bit more for a metal version. Only 1 front USB3? Are they more expensive to do than front USB2?

Last edited:
Associate
3 things that i would have liked to see with this Case.....

1) A nice big window on the side to show off your setup\watercooling

2) Less HD Trays & 3 OR 4 (5.25 bays ), not many people would use 8 hd trays ,
I have 2 hds -1TB & a 2TB still got tons of room after like hd tv movies 28gig to 36 gig. this is more of a gaming case than a server case, also
if you had 4 5.25 bays you could place say a XSPC RX360 RAD inside up top of case & still have room for 5.25 bay hardware under it, or even better have 3 or 4 front removable 5.25 drive bay cage!

3) Full Aluminium

then again if it was Full Aluminium the price would rocket ,but i would gladly pay for a case like this.

i am still thinking of going for this as all else is great with the case, i just going to have to find away of doing away with my 2 - 5.25 bay fan controllers, i also have a 5.25" drive bay res tank & a blu-ray drive .

Last edited:
Associate
Good News, Got a email from Fractal Design saying ...

Hi,

We are working on a windowed sidepanel for Define R3 and Arc Midi. When it will be ready is to early to tell currently though.

Best Regards

Fractal Design

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Got my Fractal Design Arc Midi Case today off the web & it is great, not put my hardware in it as yet, comes with a fan controller bracket that fits in the back of the case & can work 3 fans by turning the 1 controller knob
will use this for my 3 fans on MY XSPC-RX360 RAD that i will put on top of case!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom