Need cheap earphones for daily usage

Soldato
I have been looking at sennheiser CX range but not sure on which to get and have also seen the klipsch x1's given a good mention. These will be worn when im out on round at work (postman) so will be used or a good 3/4 hours a day if i use them all the time.

Price - as cheap as can be as i'm skint
Music - hip/hop and dubstep, lots of bass

What say you chaps ?

I did think about headphones but i'd feel like a tit wearing them as seeing people walking about with skullcandys makes me rage, dunno why so in-ear only i think, unless you tell me otherwise!

Associate
For a job where you'll be doing a lot of walking I wouldn't recommend headphones anyway. I absolutely love mine but there's no way I'd walk to and from work with them on anymore.

Anyway, the Klipsch X1's are head and shoulders above the CX300-IIs, which in my opinion are the worst IEMs I've ever heard (no definition, just a muddy distorted noise). The X1's seem to be pretty sturdy which is surprising at first considering how thin the cable is, but they've put up with no end of abuse and are still going strong, considering I go through IEMs usually in 3 months these are doing exceptionally well. The design is different to standard IEMs too, the longer bullet type body is a hell of a lot more comfortable to use. The only downside I can think of for them is the trebles aren't as prominent as one would hope, I believe their frequency response is 18KHz and there's a drop off in 15-18KHz range, it's nothing major at this price though I'm just used to my £300 headphones/amp combo so notice it :p

Associate
Not sure it would stand up to those on sound quality, but my cheap headphone of choice is the Sony MDR AS30 - I've been using a pair of them for around 4 years now, as they never fall out while cycling (the main cause of death for my headphones).

Soldato
They're not fantastic at not falling out, but once you get the in ear element sorted they're quite good. My choice is a pair of SkullCandy Ink'd... Not sure how much they are now a days but I got them in 08 and they're still going strong after the battering of the end of school years and the beginning of Uni

kd

Permabanned
Are the x1s better than the s3s? They are both around the same price....

Well the X1's sound better than my old Sennheiser CX400-II's which cost around £45 I think, so make of that what you will. :)

They are fantastic though, definitely a steal at £17-19, I don't really rate Sony headphones that much from experience within their <£20 range.

Soldato
So they are, google was lying to me telling me they were 17.99 :D

They were £17.99 yesterday on the rainforest. They're out of stock now, though.

I can recommend the X1's, I use mine a lot, great sound and fantastic value. Only reason I want to replace them is because I want something new :p

Back
Top Bottom