How to unlock an iphone 3g.. (i think)

Associate
Im not intrested in jailbraking etc.. but is it possible to legally ..or something.. to unlock one? My friend has come to the end of her contract and has given it to me. currently its on orange and id like to swap it to 02. Any idea? If so how much is it?

Last edited:
Associate
...only way is to phone the operator via orange payg and pay the unlock fee of £20. if that doesn't work then give the phone to her then get her to call the operator and said the contract has ended and pay the £20 unlock fee.

Associate
OP
HMM..dont think we can really do that :/Not to go into her whole life story.. lol The reason she came to the end of her contract was, orange kept removing money from her account which she didnt owe. (one bill was £320!!) They paid her back a few days later when they noticed it was an error. The following month they did the same but for £200 (making her over drawn) -_-They sent her a two page letter saying sorry for the mistake etc but she had enough at that point.
She went to citizens advice and the lady there suggested calling and asking to cancel. After a big fight, they came to arrangement. They would cut off the contract (she still had 13 months left). The last call she made the supervisor said something along the lines of "she wouldn't get a phone/contract with them again and there was no need to call again.." That was about 13 months ago.
Now that she is sure they wont ask for it back etc Its been donated to me :D lol. I dont think she/they would b too keen on us phoning and asking for the code. :( i guess ill have to just get some sort of plan on orange -_- its well over priced though compared to simplicity on 02 and tbh ive heard some right horror stories about them removing money from people who don't owe it.

Associate
Give them a ring yourself. Tell them you bought the phone in ebay, while you would like to use it on orange (pay and go), you also need to travel abraod and wish to chnage sims. They don't have a lot to lose to they will probably unlock it for the £20 fee. A mate at work did the same with a o2 iphone 3G.

Associate
OH! Right thanks ill give it a try! Wont they be able to trace it back to my friend and see we both live in the same town though?

Shouldn't matter really. If I understand your story correctly, she owned the phone once the correct was completed, so it's business if she chooses to sell it. I guess they'd just be happy to get a customer. Let us know how you get on. Would be interesting to see if organge are as helpful as O2

Back
Top Bottom