Cooking with Platypus - Salmon with coriander lime pistou

Soldato
If I may add a variation to this...

Add a thumb sized piece of peeled fresh root ginger to the mix along with half a teaspoon each of ground ginger & ground coriander and spread on top of salmon fillets or steaks. Then cook them uncovered in the oven on a high heat for 10-20 mins depending on how you like you fish.

If you have one, it's much easier to blend the mix together in a mini food mixer/hand blender than a pestle & mortar.

I would say that this would be a rub rather than a marinade because I'm sure the lime would begin to cook the fish with it being an acid. I could be wrong!

You're not. The lime will start to set the protien in the fish as soon as it touches it. I tend to spread the topping on just a few minutes before it goes in the oven to give it a short time for the flavour to infuse. Any longer and as you say it'll start 'cooking' the flesh.

Soldato
This is why I love GD :p I think that like twitter trends if anyone posts anything like this they tried they should do it with something like #Cooking in the thread title as it would make it great to search.

I know a lot of people put cooking in the title but hey ho.

Caporegime
OP
If you can't provide photographs, you should at least attempt to recreate the dish in MS Paint.

salmon.jpg
I gave up trying potatoes :p.

Back
Top Bottom