Finally finished my undergraduate degree!

In 2006 I went to Loughborough to study Mechanical Engineering.
In 2007 I was kicked out of the university as I failed the resits - I was lazy.
I changed to Manufacturing Engineering and Management and was permitted to start again.

So I did another first year, then second year, did a placement at a global vehicle manufacturer, then my final year. Today I finished my undergraduate degree with:

Manufacturing Engineering and Management B Eng 1st class honours DIS, with the awards for best student in both 2nd and 3rd year.

It has been a long, hard struggle, but the feeling is immense as I have turned my failure around :D.
Right, PhD time!

Soldato
Haha your CV is going to look immense!

"I see it took you 5 years to attain your degree?"

"yes, because I was lazy"

"ahh but it says here you won awards for best student in your second and third year at university?!"

"yeah, I can put the effort in if I need to I guess. So, how about that job eh?"

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Well done mate, it's a great feeling.

I found a placement year really changed my work ethic for the final year and I pulled my finger out a bit!

Soldato
OP
Well done. :)

What did you do for your final project?

/edit:

Ooh, 9,999 posts. :cool:

I did a redesign of a tractor chassis for my placement company. They were absolutely terrible at supporting it but I did my best :)

I found a placement year really changed my work ethic for the final year and I pulled my finger out a bit!

I noticed this in a fair few students. People who were on mid-low 2:1s from 2nd year managed to pull them up to 1sts in the final year!

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I noticed this in a fair few students. People who were on mid-low 2:1s from 2nd year managed to pull them up to 1sts in the final year!

I was always on a 2:1/1st borderline but the extra umph was what I needed to get a solid 1st! :D

Ahh how I miss uni, are you going on to a post grad now then?

Back
Top Bottom