Questions

Associate
So hey guys I'm knew and a little confused do I build the system myself by buying all the parts of do they build it, If you build it yourself what is the warranty like? Can I add/replace parts in the future, thanks and sorry.

Associate
Hi and welcome to the forum!

If your looking at the components then they are for building yourself, but OcUK do have quite a wide range of PC where by you choose the spec and they put it together for you.

If you build yourself then you get a greater selection of parts and get more for your money (or save more) if you use a system builder then you have the reassurance of it all working, being comptible and an overall warranty.

If you build yourself then the components will have their own warranty per part, all with at least a year, some can be lifetime and other for several years! Although anything over the first 12 months will be with the manufactuer of the part not OcUK.

Another thing to remember is that if you build yourself and damage a component, thats your loss. However nothing compares to building your own PC! :)

If you go down the build yourself route just ask here and someone will be sure to let you know if its all compatible and a good spend of your money before you buy. And any issues with putting it together again you can always ask for advice. Just do some research into building & compatibility... gotta love google :D

Associate
OP
Hi and welcome to the forum!

If your looking at the components then they are for building yourself, but OcUK do have quite a wide range of PC where by you choose the spec and they put it together for you.

If you build yourself then you get a greater selection of parts and get more for your money (or save more) if you use a system builder then you have the reassurance of it all working, being comptible and an overall warranty.

If you build yourself then the components will have their own warranty per part, all with at least a year, some can be lifetime and other for several years! Although anything over the first 12 months will be with the manufactuer of the part not OcUK.

Another thing to remember is that if you build yourself and damage a component, thats your loss. However nothing compares to building your own PC! :)

If you go down the build yourself route just ask here and someone will be sure to let you know if its all compatible and a good spend of your money before you buy. And any issues with putting it together again you can always ask for advice. Just do some research into building & compatibility... gotta love google :D

Thanks for the reply, If I was going to order a pre built system could I Add/remove/replace parts within the system?

How hard is it to build a pc, I know if you take your time it's easy and If I did I would get someone to help me and I'm not completly useless I enjoy watching videos on the latest reviews and how people replace parts and build there system. Once again thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Associate
No doubt about it building your first PC is both daunting and fun! I have no doubt you'd be able to complete a successful build. Just be prepared for hiccups that may happen or hurdles to jump. Patience is your best friend here.

Check here (if you haven't already found it): http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=1951
This is where you can specifyyour parts for a build that OcUK will put together for you. If you went down this route you can of course replace and upgrade any parts of that system as you see fit. I'm not sure how doing that will affect your warranty though so best to check with someone else on here who has a definitive answer on that.

Associate
OP
Well thanks once again for replying :).

Do you have any ideas who I would get in contact with to discuss adding/removing parts of pre built systems?

Associate
building your own pc is a lot like making love to a beutiful women once youve had a go you want to do it more and more and more.

on a sensible note there is a real sense of achievement from building your own machiene and you can often get a better machiene for the same as getting a premade.

there are so many helpful guides on building and these forums are great for checking specification that and google.

however if you dont want the hassel ocuk offer a great service.

Back
Top Bottom