Looking for a decent host for small business online store.

Soldato
Hi im looking to set up my own website to sell from. It wont be getting masses of visitors for awhile so no need for a expensive package.

Ease of set up would be a big plus as im not exactly experienced in websites.

Who would be my best bet to go with? Vidahost?

Permabanned
I've never heard anything but Tsohost in huge volumes every time this question is asked, whether it is here or elsewhere.

I'm sure around 10 people will follow behind me recommending them, too :p

Soldato
Hi im looking to set up my own website to sell from. It wont be getting masses of visitors for awhile so no need for a expensive package.

Ease of set up would be a big plus as im not exactly experienced in websites.

Who would be my best bet to go with? Vidahost?

Are you sure hosting your own system is what you want to do at this stage? If you've got something to sell a hosted solution may be better? I'm thinking Interspire's Big Commerce et al. http://www.bigcommerce.com/

Associate
Vidahost are the best! Of that I'm sure.

You could get a small account and install the free version of CS-Cart. It will allow you to expand if you need .

Associate
I would look for a host that has a software library that can be installed directly from within their own server.

Many hosts have such systems, the advantage of this is that all required libraries etc are installed automatically.

You can install for example install Os-Commerce, Joomla, Zen cart etc with a few clicks of a button from a control panel, all your databases are setup so no messing around either.
Also they can be removed the same way if your not happy with them.

Soldato
I would look for a host that has a software library that can be installed directly from within their own server.

Many hosts have such systems, the advantage of this is that all required libraries etc are installed automatically.

You can install for example install Os-Commerce, Joomla, Zen cart etc with a few clicks of a button from a control panel, all your databases are setup so no messing around either.
Also they can be removed the same way if your not happy with them.

Why would anyone install oscommerce by choice?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies. Went with tsohost and installed prestashop on the site. Although its supposed to be easy its taking some time trying to get any different themes working.

Back
Top Bottom