£300-£400 budget

Associate
Hi, I'm new to the forums so I hope this is the right place to post this, anyway...

I'm in need of a new gaming computer (my laptop broke :( ) and I have £300 to spend at the moment, I'll have £400 eventually but I'm in pretty desperate need of a PC so I don't really want to wait for £400 unless absolutely necessary.

I've been looking around all weekend for a deal but I don't know anything at all about computer specs, I was hoping someone could help me find the best deal for my money.

I'll be using a flatscreen TV for my monitor so I don't need one and I can get an OS so I only need the actual computer.

I know somebody who could help my put it together if someone gives me a shopping list to build my own but I'd rather get a ready made one if possible.

Anyway I hope someone can find me a good deal, and thanks in advance.

Associate
Depends what you expect from a gaming pc mate, you'd be kinda pushing it for £400 if you were wanting to play newer games.

How did your Lappy break? could you use some of the money to fix it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I wasn't expecting much for my budget, but literally any computer is an upgrade from my laptop, it was a £350 hp on from 2 years ago so my standard of good will be a lot lower than most peoples.

Basically though it just destroyed the battery, constant overheating and lastly the screen developed a faulty connection, I could've got it repaired but tbh it was an excuse to buy a new one.

All I want is to be able to play newer games on at least the lowest settings smoothly and older games at higher settings, I understand I'm not going to get ultra graphics for my budget :)

Last edited:
Associate
What size hard drive has it got, Just askin because the price of HDD's at the mo is silly so if it is a decent size you could use it for now in your new build and get something better when the prices come down. Plus the money could make a better spec pc

Caporegime
The i3 onboard will be a piece of **** (HD2000) I compared the Llano against a i5 2500K onboard HD3000GFX and that is a right piece of ****.

There are videos in the review showing the smoother game play and if you click on the youtube icon in the video corner and select 460 resolution you can see the frame rate results at the end.

Back
Top Bottom