How do I get rid of this text?

Permabanned
Easier way would be to open that page via FrontPage or whichever web design program your using and search for the “Brașov, România” text and then just edit it from there

should be in the contact us html file

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Easier way would be to open that page via FrontPage or whichever web design program your using and search for the “Brașov, România” text and then just edit it from there

should be in the contact us html file

It's Joomla. So no actual files on computer or the need for a web design program. Myself & Dreamweaver don't see eye to eye.

Any idea where it what file I need to edit and what directory I will find it in?

Soldato
the file is a flash swf so unless you can get the swf, unencode it and then remove the text it will always be there...

What? No it isn't.

Joomla is horrendous though so I've got no idea where to send you to exactly within the CMS to edit that address. You need to look for your contact form as I think it's been bundled there. The ID for the overall element is "aiContactSafeForm".

Associate
Do you actually own the source?

If so and youve purchased a template for modification then it would be a simple matter of editing it out etc in joomla; obviously you have to first install the template on your web server.

It isnt a .swf, the header is.

Soldato
Do you actually own the source?

Well he is searching through what appears to be template files, so I doubt he created it but it sounds like he has licensed it.

Still, I highly doubt that information is in the code. It's much more likely to be in the CMS.. somewhere. To fully rule out the code you can do a folder wide search using Notepad++ or Dreamweaver to check all files for the first line of the address.

sorry - was early! yes it's in the template...lol
More coffee for you!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I actually ended up googling this. Stupidly for me, it was the first result and the creator of the program had responded and answered it. It was a setting within the component that had to be accessed via the CMS backend.

I spent around 3 hours editing it and making the form a little more presentable. It's not terribly user friendly. I had to use CSS generators to change things etc. Worth it in the end. It's looking a lot better.

I've always scraped by with websites. The guys that do this for a living and work with this stuff. CSS, PHP, Java, HTML. All that super complicated stuff. I really take my hat off to them. It's way over my head. I'd love to learn it though, fascinates me!!

Anyway. Cheers for all the replies. Very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom