Skyrim: I keep gettin pwned by dragons - how do you guys kill them :(

Soldato
:mad:

Dragons always kick my ass in the this game. I mean..I can defeat the other wildlife but the dragon fights always end up with me running around as it flaps after me spitting fire.

I even ran into a river and hid UNDERWATER but it flapped over and burned me WHILE I was underwater.

:confused:

This is the BOSS creature in this game..so where is the weak spot!? What do you all use mostly to kill it - axes? A really heavy weapon is needed Im guessing. I only have a stupid iron sword and iron bow. I need to get with the program and find better weaponry, admittedly Ive been a bit lazy with that...

Any tips please thanx :D

Soldato
i keep firing arrows at it while moving, to get it to land, then use my dragonbane sword to kill it. (extra bonus vs dragons)
but i will admit, i usually have to use some restoration magic quiet a lot to stop me dying

also there is a skyrim thread for more advice ;)

Soldato
All depends on your progress within the game. During the course of play dragons will go from something you avoid to something you one shot. Adjust your tactics accordingly depending on where you are between these two ends of the scale.

Also I don't think any of the enemies in Skyrim have weak spots, so it's always a question of how well equipped you are to take on any given enemy type.

Last edited:
Soldato
find a big rock/pillar/large object to hide behind, wait for it to land throw a few arrows at it, making sure you hide when it breaths its fire/ice at you, rinse and repeat till dead, this method can take quite some time early on in the game.

Associate
I'm a mage, so grand healing with left hand and fireball/thunderbolt with the other. I also use ebonyflesh for armour, and conjure demon and use my follower as a distraction.

xrs

xrs

Associate
Get your alchemy skill up. Create resist fire, or resist frost potions. Also get your enchanting up so you can make some powerful weapons/armour/robes etc. My potions resist about 95% of damage from frost or fire - so this helps a lot!

I'm playing on master difficulty and with the correct potion - and the dragons are really easy to kill.

Associate
Curved swords.

Only joking. Firstly, make sure you have enough healing potions on you for emergency heals. If you have a bow start by firing arrows at the Dragon from a distance. Some of the Archery perks such as improved damage, slowing time whilst zoomed together with Poison potions that you can apply to your bow help immensely.

Remember you have shouts - fire and ice shots work well. You also have the ability to run fast by using the sprint key, that can get you round the back of the dragon to hit with your swords / daggers etc.

Try to stay away from the head since they can and will snap at you and can kill you instantly that way.

City guards and NPC's can often help in the fight too - it doesn't matter who gets the kill shot you will absorbe the Dragon soul when dead.

Last edited:
Associate
Use your surroundings to your advantage, find a rock or even a tree to hide behind when the Dragon is breathing fire/ice at you, then when he's finished pop up and fire some arrows then rinse repeat, make sure you know where the dragon is at all times and keep on planning your next hiding spot! It will take a while if you are a low level and have a rubbish bow. :p Much patience is needed...

Soldato
Level two handed and heavy armour then suit up and go at it with a battleaxe. Works every time. Currently playing through as a sneak, archer and it is virtually impossible to kill a Dragon without a load of town guards helping me (or exploiting :D)

Back
Top Bottom