Fractal Design Core 3000 Vs Antec 300

Associate
I currently have the Antec 300. Had it a god ew years now, stumbled upon a review of the Fractal 3000 and my first thoughts were, 'Like the look of that'

Had a quick look around at prices and other reviews.

I like the fact it has some sort of cable management, my Antec has cables all over the place, no matter what i try!

So basiically the question is, what do you guys think? Anyone used or know of anyone using the Fractal? Anyone had exerience of the two?

Should i upgrade to the Fractal or stick wit my Antec!?

Soldato
How about cutting cable managment holes in the Antec 300.

I run my 8 pin and all my front panel down the back of the motherboard tray.
And have mounted my hdds backwards so you cant see many cables!

Soldato
I'd get rid of the Antec asap. for some reason that case attracts a million tonnes of dust, and like you said has zero cable management! (can you tell i owned one and hated it?)

Associate
OP
Yeah, the dust is a bit of an issue to be honest, Especially the front 2 fans bringing in air. The fileter constantly seems clogged up.

Is the Fractal 3000 a decent replacement?

Soldato
In that price range Its between the FD3000 and the BitFenix Shinobi. I like the HDD mounting in the 3000. I almost got one for my server. I have no 1st hand experience with it though.

Associate
OP
Yeah i like the FD3000 for the HDD mounting, and the slight cable managemtn it has. Anything is an improvement over the Antec 300.

Roughly going for around £50. Not sure whether to invest, or stick it out with the antec and purchase a couple of quieter fans for the front.

Sticky wicket!

Associate
I've got an Antec 300, Bitfenix Shinobi and an FD3000 at work and an R3 at home, the FD3000 is by far the best case of three budget cases, it's basically an R3 without the fancy front door, cable management is great and the side usb and headphone socket is a nice touch (depending on the layout of desk)

The Antec is HUGE and just feels so dated and +1 about it being a dust magnet and the BitFenix looks great but just feels cheap and kind of flimsy, the rubberised front panel is nice but the black paint on the panels chips really easily.

Associate
I have the core 3000. I really like it. It's not overly loud but there isnt much noise either. The stock fans are quiet.

I bought this over the shinobi because it came with more fans and looked slightly better IMO.

It keeps things nicely cool! Ive only added another 140mm fan on the side with a bodged filter.
Fan filters are decent too. The front section clips off and can be hoovered. The PSU has a filter which slides out.

It is pretty compact. There isnt much space above and below the motherboard but if you have a simple set up you will be fine.

Im thinking of crossfiring my 6870 soon and have enough space.

The HDD trays have screws for 2.5" SSDs. The top HDD section can be removed for better cooling too.

I have noctua ndh 14 in it now. Doubt you would get anything higher in it.

Massive thumbs up for the money

hth

Associate
OP
Got it today. Took a while to transfer everything over!

Have got all the miain case fans attached to the Fan controller and have got it set at about 65/70%.

a lot quieter than the previous setup i had running. Temps about the same, maybe 1/2C less. Hard drives temps are up a few C as it hasn't got 2 120mm blasting at it at 1400RPM!

Overall, Impressed!

Might not even bother with extra fans tbh!

Associate
i've got one as well, wanted something discreet that would sit in the corner and not be noticed/heard. does exactly that! very nice case

Back
Top Bottom