The Darkness 2

Soldato
I looked but couldn't see a thread for this? Insane!

I played it for 7 hours solid, in one go, no breaks last night. I only stopped for a break when I finally died lol.

This game is AMAZING!

I didn't want to mention it due to everytime I mention getting hold of big titles early the children come out to moan about it. But ME3 has been pushed behind The Darkness 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur. Shame, if only Bioware had redone the side mission tracking, it would have been 10 times easier to play.

But The Darkness 2 is just simply brilliant, the characters are sublime, animations are fluid, combat is strong and you really do get the sense of power when the AI do their job properly which is to pee their pants.

The art direction for this is amazing, it's cel shaded but not to the scale of say XIII, I would say a little less than Borderlands, however, I often stop to simply look around as it makes you feel as though you are in a comic... Hard to explain but this was my one fear that it wouldn't be as good as the original for it's art.

The story so far is decent, not something spectacular but not boring either. As I mentioned, the characters are brilliant and even now after a nights sleep and a bit of work, I can still name you all the main guys, what they are like, what they do and where they fit in. So the story telling is good enough to make an impression upon you.

Hopefully I will complete it either tonight or tomorrow. Either way, it's at the top of my many, many, MANY games to complete list.

Soldato
OP
Yea, there is a 5 mins vid at the start, which in its self is awsome to watch which covers the base story.

You will be fine if you have not played the 1st.

Associate
Too many cut scenes and some pointless walking around his mansion and the insane asylum being forced into conversations with people.
The actual game-play was good though. 7/10 from me.

Back
Top Bottom