I need fake salt

I may be able to get you some salt enhancer from work. Will see if we have any thats getting close to being dumped.

Its basically what the food industry use when they remove salt from recipes they add salt enhancer (similar exists for sugar). Its a lot more expensive but it boosts the effect of the actual salt added.

Stick that in with the salt and he would find the real salt used a lot stronger in taste

Soldato
I may be able to get you some salt enhancer from work. Will see if we have any thats getting close to being dumped.

Its basically what the food industry use when they remove salt from recipes they add salt enhancer (similar exists for sugar). Its a lot more expensive but it boosts the effect of the actual salt added.

Stick that in with the salt and he would find the real salt used a lot stronger in taste

I think the ops point though is that he doesnt have any idea about taste and is just habitually throwing it in...

kd

Associate
Ha, brilliant idea, know someone who does exactly the same thing so if anybody posts anything close to a salt placebo I'll give it a go. Course the easiest one as mentioned is probably just to switch their plate with yours, but that requires a distraction, or someone with such a low attention span they won't notice you moving their plate..

Although thinking about it, ringing them when their phone is out of the room then switching the plate could work.

Soldato
I don't understand why you think he can't taste the extra salt? Of course he can and he obviously likes it.

He'll also probably grow out of it but until then, any pestering from you won't help a 14 year old do as he's told.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
It's not in his head. If you eat lots of salty food, then you become used to it so need to add more to get that salty taste. He just needs to slowly reduce the amount he adds.

Associate
I eat 'too much' salt according to most people and I don't see any reason not to. Most of the research traditionally linking 'excessive' salt intake with illness is now beginning to be thought of as a well-intended mistake (on several fronts, really).

So nerr, I like my salt and you're not taking it away from me!

Soldato
I eat 'too much' salt according to most people and I don't see any reason not to. Most of the research traditionally linking 'excessive' salt intake with illness is now beginning to be thought of as a well-intended mistake (on several fronts, really).

So nerr, I like my salt and you're not taking it away from me!

Please enjoy your early death.

I honestly have friends with health issues that, amongst other things, has been put down to a high salt intake.

kd

Soldato
My brother used to do this as well, pretty sure it's just a phase. The more you have a go at him the more he will do it. Using fake salt won't change anything either, he isn't going to suddenly stop.

Soldato

I honestly have friends with health issues that, amongst other things, has been put down to a high salt intake.

kd

There's a huge amount of correlation errors in nutritional research.

The people who have a high salt intake have a high saturated fat intake, have a high fast carb intake, have a low vegetable/fruit intake, do less exercise, earn less money...

Any study that's done into things tends to look at one isolated thing and conclude that since people who do more/less of that are healthier/in poor health then that must be the reason.

I think of ice cream and sharks every time nutritional advice like this comes out.

So far the only sound advice I take is that you should try to avoid processed foods - be it carbs, protein or fats, you should try to eat nutritionally rich foods, and you should do regular exercise.

Associate

kd

Health issues put down to a myriad of things but the one you decide is causing it is their salt intake? Because that's definitely not what has been found to be the issue with the last 50 years of medical advice regarding salt intake :confused:

I'll trust modern medical research, thanks.

Soldato
Use the reverse approach. Add more salt to his meal without him knowing, then when he adds more it'll taste unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom