Cold water out of hot tap?

Permabanned
Lulz.

I do wonder though how much water nationally is wasted if you add up all those 2 seconds of waiting for the water to come out hot...

absolutely loads of water is wasted its not really worth turning your taps off or sorting out perished o rings in the belief you will save the planet if the tap drips.

but if your usage is metered then absolutely fix it asap.

Associate
OP
This was actually a serious thread! Not a troll at all.

For example the shower scenario, previously mid-shower when I turn the shower tap off, it goes off, then when I turn it on (on same temperature gauge) it resumes at same temperature.

Now, when I turn the tap off mid shower and turn it on (on same temperature gauge) ice cold water comes out for about 3-4 seconds then goes back to normal hot temperature.

This also happens at other taps in the house, I was thinking it was something to do with excessive cold water pressure or something?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
MoreCowbell.jpg

Associate
OP
Not sure what the facepalms are for...So when people use hot water, turn it off, then turn it back on a few seconds later ICE COLD water is supposed to come out for a good few seconds before returning to hot???

Soldato
Not sure what the facepalms are for...So when people use hot water, turn it off, then turn it back on a few seconds later ICE COLD water is supposed to come out for a good few seconds before returning to hot???

But thats not what happens is it. Be honnest.

Unless you have some superconducting and dissapating pipework this is simply not the case is it runs hot, you turn it off for a few seconds, then turn it back on it will be hot. Or at the very least warm from the already heated pipwork and tap, it will never be ice cold.

Edit: You may find a breif period of tepid water as the pump from the combi boiler fires out a small amount of unheated water but, again it will not be ice cold.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It happens in all the bathroom taps, and far more pronounced in the shower especially, as soon as i turn it off then on again its ice cold for a few seconds (it never used to be like this - in either the bathroom taps or shower).

I think ive got a systems boiler as I have a hot water storage tank.

Back
Top Bottom