99 head fully rebuilt / valve job
Coolant Reroute (Thanks Bert)
Supertech 83.5 8.6:1 Pistons
SGI H-Beam Connecting Rods
ACL Race big end bearings
ACL Race main bearings
ARP Head & Main studs
OEM Headgasket

I'm a bit annoyed because the outlet from the VICS solenoid and the inlet to the VICS actuator have both been snapped off. Really annoyed about that. It looks like the vacuum pipe that connects the two has just been ripped off, so that'll delay things. I also need to get some 32mm heater hose bought to make up the re-route then I should be good to go.

Really apprehensive about firing the engine up. Am I right in thinking I can't let it idle for long and should be out driving it immediately to seat the rings? The car isn't MOT'd or Tax'd so that's worrying me slightly.

Pic of the engine as it stands now (ignore the old valve cover - I'm waiting on a powder coated one which should be ready to pick up mid week). I've gone for candy red.

7571207824_f3d3a5ca17_b.jpg

Caporegime
Only thing I don't like about that engine is the weight (I love the balance of the MX5, owned a mk1 & mk2.5 jdm) and how it'll upset the weight-distribution. Other than that it's great :D

Soldato
Oooh, looking forward to this! Expected figures?

Any specific reason you chose to turbocharge it rather than a supercharger? Something I'd like to do at some stage :p

Soldato
OP
Hoping to see north of 420bhp. Flyin Miata have ran this exact turbo on a built 2.0 at 458 at the rear wheels, but that was on e85. Turbo'd because ...... well I'm not sure. I prefer the car to be mega fast and a supercharger wouldn't get me there for my budget.

Back
Top Bottom