**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Associate
Going nude here as I have done on my last two iPhones.

I'm going to be on the lookout for a waterproof case that I can strap to my arm and occasionally take it running. Any recommendations?

Soldato
Just got a Griffin case for mine, fits nicely and decent feel. The rubber lip is slightly proud which is good for the clear back.... Shame the clear part is already scuffed and scratched out of the box. Lets see how good there customer services is when I complain.

I'll probably pick up something later, preferably with clear sides.

Soldato
I've got a 3rd party bumper on its way. But I really love the phone naked given how slim and light it is. I hate the thought of adding bulk. It will take away from the experience IMHO.

That being said, a little extra grip will be nice. So we'll see when it turns up.

Associate
I want something like the fitbag soft leather pouch I had for my galaxy nexus. Shame it doesn't look like they are doing one for the iphone 5.

You can order a fitbag case of any size off there official website.. use google translate to order.

It takes ages to come though because i am pondering if to order one now

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Soldato
Now that I have the iPhone 5 - I need to be looking for car mounts and chargers...

Anyone know of any iPhone 5 compatible car mounts that have chargers built in? I've done a quick google search, but it hasn't come up with anything very good :/

It's looking like I may have to wait a few weeks before some decent accessories come out :(

I currently have a old dock car connector, so I think tomorrow I'll go and grab a car charger that allows for a USB cable, and I'll just have to use the cable that it came with for now :p

Last edited:
Associate
Now that I have the iPhone 5 - I need to be looking for car mounts and chargers...

Anyone know of any iPhone 5 compatible car mounts that have chargers built in? I've done a quick google search, but it hasn't come up with anything very good :/

It's looking like I may have to wait a few weeks before some decent accessories come out :(

I currently have a old dock car connector, so I think tomorrow I'll go and grab a car charger that allows for a USB cable, and I'll just have to use the cable that it came with for now :p

Was expecting to use my generic car dock only to realise that it's both too thin and the headphones port is in the one place I can't get to, d'oh!

Soldato
Was expecting to use my generic car dock only to realise that it's both too thin and the headphones port is in the one place I can't get to, d'oh!

Yeah my current car dock will need to be "modified" so I can use the headphone jack, because I don't use bluetooth at the moment (in my van at least...). I really liked the idea of the jack at the bottom, but it doesn't bode well for my car dock :p Since the connector is new though, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more money on a decent dock that charged the phone (and preferably allowed for an AUX connection too!).

But after a little more looking, it doesn't look like there are many car accessories out for the iPhone 5 right now... Might just modify my current dock as I said, and get a rubbishy USB charger until some decent car accessories are released...

Back
Top Bottom