What do you regret buying the most?

Commissario
Maybe not the most but I completely wasted my money on a nitro RC truck and buggy. Took the truck out once and couldn't be bothered to clean it and I never even started the engine on the buggy. Sold 'em both for a loss.

What about you, Zorgar?

Associate
Had a 6990 with block
sold it for a 690 which I regretted so sold it for a 580 classified which was to noisy
which I sold for a 590. all the changes have cost me money and I wish id stayed with the 6990. got a block for the 590 now so will most likely keep that for a bit

Associate
an Iphone 4s for like £700

Was an impulse buy and realised I had just spent £700 on a gadget and was thinking wth am I doing lol.

Now using a g300 that cost me £90 and does all the jobs I need it to

Soldato
Didn't buy it but asked for it for my birthday this year: Sony PRS-T1 ereader. I've barely used it, partly because I always seem to find other things to do than just sit and read (my fault), but also because the Sony online book store - which wasn't even open when I got it - is crap, and it takes all sorts of hassle to get books from other services to work on it. I thought the Google Books functionality would make it worthwhile seeing as I have other Android devices, but Sony ended their relationship with Google Books so the menu option is useless now.

Should have got a Kindle.

Soldato
My flat.

I was too proud to ask and borrow 5k from a family member who could have loaned it to me on top of what I get as a mortgage at the time (3x earnings). Then I could have bought a 1 bed starter home instead, and my quality of life would probably have been much greater.

I hate flats now. They're fine for renting when you start out, but not for owning. :)

Man of Honour
What do you regret buying and why?..

Three impulse buys all music related :

1) Zoom multi track digital recorder which cost £600 and I've never switched it on.
2) Focusrite Saffire Firewire interface which cost £350 and used for one song.
3) DBX DriveRack PA+ Speaker Management System which cost £450 to go between the mixer and speakers but used it twice.

At the moment I can't think of anything else that has been a total waste of money but there will be something.

"Well two days ago my old laptop broke and i needed a new one.. so i just went down to a local tech retailer and looked a some laptops.. i saw one i liked and had great specs.. but only 2gbs of ram.. i asked one of the sales men if i could upgrade the Ram.. he said yeh i could upgrade to 4gbs.. i then purchased the laptop and when i got home i had a look at the laptop and saw that there was no where to add extra ram.. i was confused.. i then googled if i could upgrade the ram and 3 websites i looked at said that the ram was built into the board.. because its a ultra book.. to keep slimness.. i then drove back to the shop and demanded a refund.. then said that because i opened the box that they couldn't take it back.. i was very angry.. i even spoke the store manager.. they also said that there return policy is that if the box seal has been broken then the laptop cant be returned.. so im now stuck with this laptop."

id regret that

WKN

WKN

Permabanned
"Well two days ago my old laptop broke and i needed a new one.. so i just went down to a local tech retailer and looked a some laptops.. i saw one i liked and had great specs.. but only 2gbs of ram.. i asked one of the sales men if i could upgrade the Ram.. he said yeh i could upgrade to 4gbs.. i then purchased the laptop and when i got home i had a look at the laptop and saw that there was no where to add extra ram.. i was confused.. i then googled if i could upgrade the ram and 3 websites i looked at said that the ram was built into the board.. because its a ultra book.. to keep slimness.. i then drove back to the shop and demanded a refund.. then said that because i opened the box that they couldn't take it back.. i was very angry.. i even spoke the store manager.. they also said that there return policy is that if the box seal has been broken then the laptop cant be returned.. so im now stuck with this laptop."

id regret that

Deja vu

Soldato
Not much, really. I'm pretty careful with big purchases. I have an Epiphone that I don't play any more, but it's been used a lot.

Man of Honour
Maybe not the most but I completely wasted my money on a nitro RC truck and buggy. Took the truck out once and couldn't be bothered to clean it and I never even started the engine on the buggy. Sold 'em both for a loss.

What about you, Zorgar?

You know, you must have switched to trebuchet about 18,000 times. At 1.5 seconds a pop thats 450 minutes, just over 7 hours.

Was it worth it? :p

Most underused purchase was probably a MXR Vintage Script Phase 90 I paid £100 for, yet have used it for probably half an house as my guitar moved room and I haven't really played with it since :(

Back
Top Bottom