***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
Microsoft in general are very underrated for the stuff they've been doing over the last few years. Its only really the people paying attention that have noticed their act coming together.

Associate
My wife surprised me with an early xmas present :)
a Black Lumia 920 on EE. (12 month contract - with free headphones and charging plate + 40% off line rental ;) )
anyway - what is a good website to test the mobile phones speed?
also any good starting points when setting up the phone and general usage?

Soldato
Its pretty much the best thing about Windows phone, input your Facebook details etc and your pictures and shift the tiles about. The home screen very much becomes about you.

Associate
I bought it as it was exactly what I wanted for my lock screen. I'm pretty impressed. £1.49 well spent. :D

2q9m9.jpg.png

Thanks guys for pointing this app out. Trouble is, my live tile is refusing to show the weather pic and staying with the metro one despite the fact that I have set it to show that one. I've checked that its allowed on the phone.

Any answers?

Associate
I think your best bet might be to make sure the Lumia 900 stuff is all synced with your microsoft account. I honestly can't remember if that includes text messages or not I'm afraid, but if you go into 'backup' on the 900 (if it exists) it might be able to help? I think the reason that the 900 isn't supported with this app is because technically all the relevant stuff should already be in the cloud (or that is at least Microsoft's reasoning.)

Associate
nope, it doesnt include text messages. I always sync with my MS account but the WinPho 7 series does not have the option to backup txt msgs.

i dont think its to do with the cloud business to be honest. would be stupid if it were since you have devices in your hands and they should sync between them, not to make a trip to the cloud over the waves just to get it back down again. Definately not the reason :)

MJ

MJ

Associate
Right, I have had enough of this phone. I was an early adopter but its little foibles are starting to get on my nerves. I am getting rid, its black purchased from P4U but I have had it unlocked and has generic UK firmware instead of EE. Mint condition not a mark on it.

Last edited:
Associate
It does seem seriously daft that the 'Transfer' app doesn't support getting absolutely everything from the Lumia 900 - I'd have expected it to work better than it does with other phones, not worse!

MJ

MJ

Associate
Oh woops, ok amended my post. Its not that there is anything wrong with the hardware the build quality and innovation of design is top notch. Its mainly WP8, I really wanted to love it more than anything but I do find myself just grabbing my galaxy nexus over it.

Some features are great, offline navigation, lenses. But to be honest I have so many more apps i use daily on my GNEX banking software, instagram and whats app. Once the apps come and WP8 is more refinded I will probably come back but at the moment I can't afford a £400 paper weight.

Associate
Phoned them up today, my claim has been processed and sent to a distributer, so I'd hope to get it soon!

When claiming the charger which date did you put in? The date you got your phone or the date you ordered?

For instance, my clove order was actually paid for in full on Nov 24 and my phone was delivered on Dec 8 with a Dec 7 receipt from clove. Given that my online receipt and purchase was on Nov 24, I am easily within the 14 day later period but I havent filled in the form yet since there might be admin issues with the site getting the IMEI codes etc.

So any ideas or suggestions? I will be leaving in the end of Jan next year so I dont want to wait another week and then 28 days for fulfillment as I may not have the extra days..

Soldato
Technically it should be the receipt date as they want to avoid people claiming and then returning the phone within the 14 days DSA. So I suspect 7th Dec is your purchased date.

Back
Top Bottom