Corsair Individually braided cables

Caporegime
Id say corsair only. I have a set for my hx850w. The ends that plug into the psu have the same shape connectors as the ones on my other psu, (antec True power 750w). But the pins inside each connector are in different locations.

As an alternative, you could use pre braided extensions and hide as many of the standard psu cables as possible. Two rigs of mine below, the first one uses the corsair cables and a bitfenix 24 pin extension, (24 pin, 8 pin cpu and x2 pcie are hard wired on the HX), second one uses extensions.

SDC11097.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Associate
OP
Ah ok, thanks!
I'm just a bit worried about a cable management really. It's either a TX 650m and loads of Bitfenix extensions (cable management in Micro ATX would be a massive pain), or an AX 650 and corsair sleeved cables. The AX 650 would look nice, but I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out £150 on a PSU and cables :p

Associate
Looks like some are and some aren't.

Somebody asked in the Corsair forum if the Corsair sleeved cables for AX850/750/650 are compatible with Seasonic Platinum 860W, I replied to the thread, but Corsair deleted my post.

I purchased the Seasonic Platinum 860W PSU and the Corsair Sleeved Cables for the AX650/750/850. I installed and found the 20+4pin power cable is compatible. One of the 4+4pin power cable is compatible. The PCI-E power cables are compatible.

One of the 4+4pin power cable is not compatible. The SATA power cables are not compatible. The Molex power cables are not compatible. The square and cornered pin positions are correct, but the Corsair cornered pins are facing up and Seasonic cornered pins are facing down. In order to make it work, you have to extract the cables off the Corsair and put them into the Seasonic plugs.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039088600&postcount=154

600x450px-LL-0a7d48c2_IMG_0357.jpeg

SATA power: Corsair left, Seasonic right - http://www.overclock.net/t/1253637/will-corsair-ax-series-braided-cables-fit-seasonic-x-series

Associate
Once again, it seems that PC 'standards' are tweaked or ignored to profit the suppliers.

I got a Corsair AX750 for my latest build and really liked the look of the red braided cables so sucked it in and let my wallet take the hit! I guess the aftermarket for pre-braided cables would be a much more competitive (and cheaper) place if all ATX modular cables were wired and plugged the same way.

Soldato
I just got a set of Black ones with my new AX750 and they are lovely cables. Not made of the same material as the Bitfinex ones though they are much harder.

Don't look to bad,
312ttm9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom