Africa - Narrated by David Attenborough

Soldato
Had a chance to watch the first 2 episodes today, absolutely stunning stuff as usual from BBC and Attenborough.

The giraffe fight in the first episode was spectacular!

Edit - Slightly related, can anyone name any documentarys that heavily feature wolves? Preferably a BBC one?

Last edited:
Soldato
Excellent program. A real eye opener and helps you remember what awesome things go on in our world whilst we are sat at home.

Agree with this but its disappearing rather quickly. :(

*edit* Just seen this on Amazon @ £20, but as someone said not released til middle of next month :(

*edit #2* Just watched this and my jaw dropped a few times. The baby elephant and the shoebill chick was sad, but the fight was brilliant.

Also this was gorgeous.......

africaz.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Its been a great series so far, some of the scenes have been absolutely jaw dropping, however i found the second episode a bit too fragmented for my liking....oooh heres some gorillas, oooh heres some elephants, oooh heres some lions.

I appreciate that its a program designed to give a broad overview of Africa as a continent, but to just flit past the mountain gorillas etc irked me a little bit.

Soldato
Africa has so much to offer but all we hear of it is poverty and corruption. I find that quite sad.

Thanks to this program it offers a glimpse into a Continent that is truly stunning. Something thats hard to appreciate when your fed Oxfam commercials all the time.

Soldato
Edit - Slightly related, can anyone name any documentarys that heavily feature wolves? Preferably a BBC one?

I'm presuming "Yellowstone" will feature wolves at some point. For how long, I don't know.

There's also one called "Lobo: The Wolf that Changed America". I haven't seen it but it's supposed to be good.

Both the above are from the BBC.

edit//
The "Lobo : Wolf" doc appears to be on Youtube.

Looks more of a dramatisation rather than a normal documentary.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was heartbreaking to see the baby elephant die due to lack of food:(, what was more sadder was the mum trying to nudge it back on its feet.

Was watching it last night with my mum and she was saying that why didnt the crew help the baby elephant, in the end the guy doing the filming gave his answer that there was absolutely nothing they could do and if they did then the mum would have got stressed and that wasnt good for both of them. Suppose thats nature for you, cruel and harsh and its definitely a case of survival of the fittest.

Soldato
Was heartbreaking to see the baby elephant die due to lack of food:(, what was more sadder was the mum trying to nudge it back on its feet.

Was watching it last night with my mum and she was saying that why didnt the crew help the baby elephant, in the end the guy doing the filming gave his answer that there was absolutely nothing they could do and if they did then the mum would have got stressed and that wasnt good for both of them. Suppose thats nature for you, cruel and harsh and its definitely a case of survival of the fittest.

Just watching it on iPlayer, heartbreaking reality of Mother Nature. :(

To add to that, those cameramen have the best jobs!

Last edited:
Associate
Had a chance to watch the first 2 episodes today, absolutely stunning stuff as usual from BBC and Attenborough.

The giraffe fight in the first episode was spectacular!

It's not a BBC production, but I really enjoyed watching this wolf documentary.

Soldato
The dolphin/whale/shark/bird attack on the sardines was awesome and must've been brilliant to watch (obviously not for the fish). And how sad was it for them little baby turtles :(

But it's nice that the locals are helping them to survive rather than chucking them in the cooking pot.

Back
Top Bottom