Do you clean your earwax with cotton buds?

wmb

wmb

Associate
After having a ruptured ear drum some years back due to an infection I would warn people about shoving buds in there ear. When my GP was cleaning up my ear to examine it he said he pulled out some cotton wool - a possible cause for the infection. The irony was he was cleaning up my ear with cotton buds at the time. :D

But still I would not recommend having your ear drum explode due to infection, not a plesant experience. Pain, loss of hearing for over six weeks (I was lucky, no permanent damage) and lots of goo, some coming out of you ear, some going down your eustachian tube into your throat. :eek:

Soldato
Exactly this.

Use peroxide solutions to try and unblock or get them looked at by a qualified professional.

I've had a busted ear drum twice since I was 16 (now 25). Had one operation the first time it bust which repaired it however, second time it bust was about 2 years ago and it seems to have repaired itself which it can do.

When my ear drum was bust last year, I decided to create my own peroxide solution to clean the ear out and OMG, never felt as much pain. So kids, don't use a peroxide solution when your ear drum is bust/damaged :D

Back
Top Bottom