Asus Dsl-N55U issues

Associate
Hi guys,

Bought the Asus some time ago to try and solve our constant need to restart our old router and the issues we were having connecting devices. Now the connecting of devices issue has gone but we keep getting disconnects. I've tried playing with the stability option down to -5db as per some other internet forum advice and if anything it makes it worse. The router seems to throw up an error saying ethernet is disconnected (it's obviously not) then sorts itself out a minute later. On the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.314.

The log States this every time it does it:

Mar 17 22:40:22 WAN Connection: Ethernet link down.
Mar 17 22:40:22 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Mar 17 22:40:45 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Mar 17 22:40:45 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth2.1.1)!

Can anyone advise on how to get this more stable please? Beginning to lose my temper with it now(never a good thing when solving technical issues).

Cheers guys.

Soldato
Bought one of these thing a few weeks back as i wanted better wifi coverage.

And I'm having the exact same problem, although sometimes mine will not connect up again for a full day.

It's an atrocious bit of kit, although the wifi is better (when it works).

Soldato
Have just bought one of these myself and I'm only on day 2 and having constant drops with the connection, have even tried a beta firmware to see if that helps. Today, the dial tone on the phone line has gone -- tested phones from the main socket, filters - no problem, dial tone is there.... connect router with filter and dial tone goes. Have tried plugging into the old router with that same cable instead of the ASUS and the dial tone is fine.

Time to send this pile of junk back, the web is littered with complaints of the same nature!

Back
Top Bottom