GRID 2 - Fastest Lap Competition (lots of prizes) **Sponsored by Codemasters**

Associate
The competition will run as follows :
- Both parts of the proof MUST be present to be successfully entered into the competition
- Competition ends Tuesday 21st June @ 12.00pm
- Overclockers UK has full rights to the competition
- Overclockers UK hold the right to change/amend the competition
- OcUK Employees are not allowed to enter
- We may disqualify entries if foul play is in order

21st is a Friday :p
Last exam is that morning so should be able to do a few more laps before 12 :)

Last edited:
Associate
Heya people,

just hit 36.5

time to hit the manual gears now an shave the rest off

do we really have till Tuesday 21st June (2016 is the next time it falls then - guessing ment to be the friday 21st june 2013)

Associate
I can't improve on my 34.993 lap. It was fast, but there are areas for improvement.

Need to run a tad wider on 1st corner, however I end up getting into mid 130s when i do that. I hit the rev limiter a couple of times too so I need to keep my eye on my revs.
Last corners tricky to master and could probably be done slightly tighter.

I will keep going and I recon a PERFECT lap would be mid to top 34s maybe around 34.750

Associate
So far the key corner for me anyway is the second. you can either start drifting wide at around 80-90mph and loose a bit of acceleration or corner tighter and stay on the right side for the next corner.

Associate
This is a great competition, would love to see some more like this. A lot better than copy and paste this to win sort of thing.

Although i don't have the game to enter haha :)

Associate
Daaaaam!

At work so can't watch the vid till I get home, but good job, I just can't seem to squeeze them few last .seconds.

Thanks
It didn't feel tidy tho, I wasn't really paying attention. I thought yes, another sub 35 and didn't realize I had beaten my previous time. Still areas for improvement tho, bumper cam helped me on turn 2 and 5, can really see when you are clipping the apex

Associate
Some corners are better run tight and others can be faster on a wider line.
The first corner has a dip if you take it wide which can knock some speed off, however taking it tighter doesn't allow you to line up for the 2nd corner. 2nd, I think is best ran very tight.
However, a lot of speed is lost so it could be better ran wider it just I've driven ~500 miles using that tight line so I know where I need to be hitting to get the most speed.

Associate
Hmm, Brands Hatch Indy Circuit is 1.208 miles
The only custom event I have done in WSR is for this competition.
The game loading screen tells me I have driven 993.5 miles in custom events.
So, I've nearly driven 850 laps
OH xD

Back
Top Bottom