Kumho tyres

Soldato
Any good? can get 4 Kumho Solus KH17s for about 250 fitted via Black Circles. I vaguely remember my 525D having Kumho runflats and not having any issues with them to speak of.
Car is a 06 320D, current tyres are good yr efficient grip, which is anything but, running close to illegal soon and can't wait to get shot of them.

I don't drive hard these days and if i do get a new car i'm giving this to my mum as a thank you for giving birth to me etc.. gift, so want decent tyres on it :)

Man of Honour
Some of them are ok, some of them are crappy budget tyres. Suspect the KH17's are the latter not the former.

If you find the performance of the Goodyear to be sub par then the Kumho is hardly going to be better!

Soldato
Had KU39's on the rear of my LS400 and never managed to light up the rear tyres (tho I don't exactly drive like a yobbo). Was looking at Kumho's to replace the Nexen's on the rear of the Supra before the engine blew (their quite highly rated by owners).

Man of Honour
Had KU31's on all corners of my Astra and they were terrible in the wet. Extremely prone to aquaplaning. The thing that made me get rid of them was taking a sharp left hand corner at less than 25mph in heavy rain we aquaplaned straight across the road and nearly ended up in a field. Awful tyres!!

Soldato
a guy at work has kh17 on his focus, apparently the car is boarderline lethal and they wont wear out

ku31 and ku39 are absolutely fine though

Soldato
Plenty people on the MX5 forum seem to suggest the KU31's are good and many even use them on their Turbo'd track cars.

I've just had a quote for some KU39's on the Alfa and the guy at the garage was singing their praises above and beyond much more expensive options.

Soldato
I have Kuhmo KU39s on my Octavia vRS (235bhp) and they have been great. Never lost grip and they are very good in the wet, too.

I ran these on my Type R as good value for the performance, in a different league to the T1R's it had on it when I got it.

I wanted rainsport 2's but they were 40 quid a tyre more, so the KU39's turned out to be a great buy as pretty surefooted in the wet too :)

Soldato
Had KU31's on all corners of my Astra and they were terrible in the wet. Extremely prone to aquaplaning. The thing that made me get rid of them was taking a sharp left hand corner at less than 25mph in heavy rain we aquaplaned straight across the road and nearly ended up in a field. Awful tyres!!

Driver error.

Soldato
Definitely

ive had multiple sets of ku31, the BMW even had a pair on the rear for a while, definitely not been dangerous for me, in fact my current Golf has had its set on for more than 25k miles, ive done plenty of miles on ku31s

Man of Honour
Surely they'd be more inclined to get me to spend considerably more though. I initially enquired about some which were about £35 more a tyre which would've been a hefty increase.

The more expensive ones cost them more to buy though, probably as much if not more margin in the cheap stuff.

Not sure what makes you think a tyre fitter has extensively tested them all anyway.

Back
Top Bottom