Suggestions for Gosport and Portsmouth harbour area please.

Associate
Now I know some of you live in the Portsmouth area and I was wondering if there are any places I could go of interest.

I'm going to visit my sister who lives in Gosport, I will be getting the train and taking my bike so anything is considered.

Is the haslar hospital still accessible? Can anyone PM me some details on how to get it? This is one place I would really like to visit :)

Any other suggestions as well?

Many thanks buzz

Soldato
I doubt Haslar will be that easily accessible :p Went past it once and remember rather high brick walls with razorwire over the top but then again it's an old naval hospital so meh.

I haven't been to Portsmouth in years but there's the Southsea beach area where there was a funfair sorta thing... There's all the shopping around where near that Spinaker thing! There's also the historic dockyard that's always open. There's also tours of the port on boat but not entirely sure what kind of shots you can get from a boat unless you're some kind of ship spotter :D

Man of Honour
Accessible is not a term to use easily for Hasler :p If you want to explore it you must find a way in during the dead of the night else you will be seen. There is live CCTV connected to security and the MOD police base is next door. Unless you've been there before they increased security there then access won't be easy at all really so I'd give that one a miss since many have tried and been caught since we went (we were the first).

Other than that there are plenty of marinas and jetty areas to photograph the still waters during sunrise or sunset and Stokes Bay seafront spans quite a distance leading on to Lee On Solent so you can get your sea/beach pictures without too much bother and if the weather is nice there's excellent warm light to utilise.

Clarence pier has the funfair and amusements with nice places to walk and photograph around that, all of the coast line leads down to Gunwharf where you can eat and enjoy the ships sale by. If it's a weekday you might see me sail by as well :p

Because both sides are dominated by marina sections you get the best photos at dawn and dusk. Southsea Common will have functions and events scattered around the main grounds but that depends on the day as well so maybe check the events pages of the Portsmouth website :)

Associate
Now I know some of you live in the Portsmouth area and I was wondering if there are any places I could go of interest.

Get to the kite festival on Southsea Common this weekend.

And come and say "Hi"

Ask any kite flyer where to find Andrew Beattie... If they don't know who I am, then they are not a kite flier :)

Andrew

Associate
OP
Accessible is not a term to use easily for Hasler :p If you want to explore it you must find a way in during the dead of the night else you will be seen. There is live CCTV connected to security and the MOD police base is next door. Unless you've been there before they increased security there then access won't be easy at all really so I'd give that one a miss since many have tried and been caught since we went (we were the first).

Other than that there are plenty of marinas and jetty areas to photograph the still waters during sunrise or sunset and Stokes Bay seafront spans quite a distance leading on to Lee On Solent so you can get your sea/beach pictures without too much bother and if the weather is nice there's excellent warm light to utilise.

Clarence pier has the funfair and amusements with nice places to walk and photograph around that, all of the coast line leads down to Gunwharf where you can eat and enjoy the ships sale by. If it's a weekday you might see me sail by as well :p

Because both sides are dominated by marina sections you get the best photos at dawn and dusk. Southsea Common will have functions and events scattered around the main grounds but that depends on the day as well so maybe check the events pages of the Portsmouth website :)

Get to the kite festival on Southsea Common this weekend.

And come and say "Hi"

Ask any kite flyer where to find Andrew Beattie... If they don't know who I am, then they are not a kite flier :)

Andrew

TY for you help guys, i really appreciate it :) i will bare these suggestions in mind.

shame about the haslar :(

Back
Top Bottom