P55ST60B Buzz on black

Associate
:(Just recieved a P55ST60B and ive noticed something and wanted to get some others opinions on it.

Plasmas buzz...i understand this and that its generally when the screen is bright. Mine does this and its not an issue as its not very loud and quite high pitched and easily ignored/drawned out by and sound in the room.

I however am experiencing a deeper, slightly rattly buzz during dark screens or when the input is changing.

Input changing...not a problem as its rare and not going to spoil enjoyment of something.

The buzz during dark scenes is a little off putting and worrying though.

It happens when theres either a complete dark...or almost completly dark scene...for example the start of Transformers when you have an image of space and the cube starts coming into frame and gets fainter as more come into frame and the screen brightens.

You can hear it if you listen for it, over the voice over a little.

Problem is that often dark scenes,like title screens are often silent and its really noticable then.

Anyone else eperienced this?
Could it be due to it still being very new and needs a little time to bed in?

I did notice that it buzzes quote a bit on the home screen when its first on (lots of white menu pains etc), but if you go back after 10 mins or so then its quiter...doesnt have the same effect with regards to the buzzing during darkness though.

Im going ot spend some time playing with settings, but till now changing ive not found anything thats had any impact.

All this being said, cracking tv and awesome picture, which makes it such a shame if it ends up with me sending it back.

Soldato
It's odd you say it buzzes on black. I have a 50GT50 and that buzzes when the screen is white. This isn't often though, mainly during some adverts. A little white is fine but when the whole screen is white I can hear it buzz. It's doesnt bother me but I think it would bother me if it buzzed on black like yours does.

Associate
OP
Took Psychos advice and had a word on avforums in the owners thread.
No one there had the issue.

With a bit of playing i found it was a vibration going through the front of the case for some reason. Called up co op electricals and they had a replacement round the next day.

Now all set up on the wall with a Yamaha RX673 and set of Tannoy HTS101s for company!

Back
Top Bottom