** INTRODUCING 8Pack EXTREME SYSTEMS - THE FASTEST OFF THE SHELF PC's!! **

Caporegime
I've decided, I'm getting one of the HyperCube's!!! Gonna start saving and will probably be able to get it in time for Maxwell :D :cool:

So 8pack, just so I'm clear - When it's upgrade time all I need to do is bring the system back to OcUK and you'll upgrade foc? Is that for the lifetime of the sys? It's just a great thing being about to drop a couple of k every year to keep it fresh that I can't quite believe it...

Last edited:
Associate
The prices are insane. Even if I won the EuroMillions I would not buy. I don't care how overclocked or whatever. Seriously what game is worth playing on a 10 or even 6.5 grand system.

Soldato
The prices are insane. Even if I won the EuroMillions I would not buy. I don't care how overclocked or whatever. Seriously what game is worth playing on a 10 or even 6.5 grand system.

I know prices are bloody insane. I'm sure there are some people out there who just must have the fastest despite the cost! Not really sure who these are aimed at though. Extreme/professional overclockers maybe but surely not gamers? Probably to those with more money than sense.

Soldato
I've decided, I'm getting one of the HyperCube's!!! Gonna start saving and will probably be able to get it in time for Maxwell :D :cool:

So 8pack, just so I'm clear - When it's upgrade time all I need to do is bring the system back to OcUK and you'll upgrade foc? Is that for the lifetime of the sys? It's just a great thing being about to drop a couple of k every year to keep it fresh that I can't quite believe it...

No you have to buy the new bits, they'll fit and OC free of charge. That's how I read it anyway.

Associate
I know prices are bloody insane. I'm sure there are some people out there who just must have the fastest despite the cost! Not really sure who these are aimed at though. Extreme/professional overclockers maybe but surely not gamers? Probably to those with more money than sense.

Their existence alone is good marketing for OCUK even if they hardly sell any.

Associate
Why I am not impressed? OCUK members have look-a-like systems with price £1000 top: custom panels, paintings, case mods, inside/outside look/ high end components which will kill any current game or program, etc.. It's beautiful, but £6K-£9K....

OcUK Staff
Why I am not impressed? OCUK members have look-a-like systems with price £1000 top: custom panels, paintings, case mods, inside/outside look/ high end components which will kill any current game or program, etc.. It's beautiful, but £6K-£9K....

These Systems cannot be built for anywhere near 1000GBP, the graphics Cards alone cost more than that. :p

Soldato
OC seems a bit low considering surely that's what ur paying for here (and presumably 8pack's ability to check a load of CPUs for the best ones), as we know the OCUK guys are capable of making excellent, tidy looking systems. Just saying what are you getting from 8pack that actually adds the roughly £3k mark-up?

EDIT: Maybe i'm expecting too much from Haswell and water.

Last edited:
Associate
Great looking systems, i don't see an issue with the price either. Your paying for a cherry picked highly overlocked system here, yeah you can build it for less but you won't get the same results unless your extremely lucky and a good clocking chip lands at your feet.

Plus not everyone myself included is good enough at overclocking to achieve these results, i can see a market for them.

I wouldn't buy one because i like to build my own, i get more enjoyment from building it than gaming on it. There will be plenty of rich kids out there though who don't like to get the hands dirty tugging on their parents purse strings ;)

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
EDIT: Maybe i'm expecting too much from Haswell and water.
Yes you are, especially when you consider the memory speed too :eek:

Don't get me wrong, we could go higher on the clock speed and sacrifice memory performance but that's not the way that 8Pack works. The whole idea behind 8Pack, the reason that he breaks all the records that he does, is that he finds the most efficient configuration possible.

Overall, his 4.9-5.0GHz with 2933MHz tuned memory configuration would beat any 5.4GHz, 1866MHz set up that I could get stable.

8 Pack doesn't blind you with headline figures that have little relevance in the real world. Efficiency is his watchword, a rallying cry with which he drives for more and more performance.

OcUK Staff
Exactly what Scotti has said. 8Pack could easily offer These Systems with Speeds beyond 5GHz but by sacrificing overall Performance as memory would run slackened Timings.

8Pack is Mr Efficiency! :D

Soldato
Yes you are, especially when you consider the memory speed too :eek:

Don't get me wrong, we could go higher on the clock speed and sacrifice memory performance but that's not the way that 8Pack works. The whole idea behind 8Pack, the reason that he breaks all the records that he does, is that he finds the most efficient configuration possible.

Overall, his 4.9-5.0GHz with 2933MHz tuned memory configuration would beat any 5.4GHz, 1866MHz set up that I could get stable.

Agreed, I may not have the highest clocked 3930k (4.9 to 5ghz) But I tweak the absolute nuts out of everything to achieve maximum efficiency to keep up & beat people running higher clocks than me.

Associate
It would be incredibly interesting to know how many of these OcUK sell.

Whilst their desirability is beyond question the percentage of the population that can afford to drop that kind of money on a PC must be tiny.

Obviously not asking for any kind of information disclosure beyond headline numbers.

OcUK Staff
It would be incredibly interesting to know how many of these OcUK sell.

Whilst their desirability is beyond question the percentage of the population that can afford to drop that kind of money on a PC must be tiny.

Obviously not asking for any kind of information disclosure beyond headline numbers.

We expect to not sell a huge amount, but so far we've had a few enquiries so might not be so Long until our first sale. :)

Back
Top Bottom