Think ive been caught by Speed Camera Van - question - with video

Soldato
ok so on way home today from client think i got caught by speed camera van.

speed limit is 50mph and a lack of concentration I think went above it, he was sat on a bridge ahead of me

Video: http://tinypic.com/r/2u599mx/5

what you reckon? how far can the camera see?

not looking for an excuse to avoid the points, just interested really.

Associate
Odd looking camera van, sure it wasn't a works van of some sort, equally the video shows you not doing more than 56mph, I wouldn't worry to be honest. Unless you were doing much faster before the video started

Soldato
OP

think there was something in the little hatch, although no camera signs

anyway, will see how it goes :) handy having a blackvue for this reason alone lol

Last edited:
Associate
I think you'll be alright mate, if the speed shown on the video is 100% accurate you were still a good distance away from the bridge/camera van when you were doing that speed, and your speed dropped off quickly before you ever reached the bridge. I'd say you'll be fine and shouldn't have anything to worry about. Fingers crossed for ya buddy :)

ADL

ADL

Associate
Without wishing to panic you (it looks like you're ok regardless), that is definitely a mobile camera van in the usual understated GMP livery.

As far as mobile camera range goes, I think the adage is, if you can see them, they can see you!

Adam

Associate
dont worry about it, nothing you can do. panic when.. sorry.. if you get a letter through your door with the option to sit through a a 4hr long boooooooring awareness thing :D

Caporegime
I wouldn't worry about it, I was in a similar situation a while back, I'd let my truck run upto its limited speed on a dual carriageway (55MPH) - simply keeping with the flow of cars & trucks around me - and didn't back off when it went back to a single (limit for HGV's 40MPH) I saw what was most certainly a camera van a similar distance away and slowed down to 40 sharpish once I'd realized my mistake.

Cue a few weeks of expecting a summons into the office at work, thankfully, nothing came of it.

The embarrassing part of it was I was on a local road to me,known for camera traps and I normally would not do such a thing, especially in a G.P.S. tracked truck!

It was near dusk so perhaps he was packing up for the night, not looking for speeding trucks or just feeling nice - I'll never know.

It was a good reminder to be a bit more sodding careful in the future! :o

Last edited:
Associate
I thought it was a good advert for the dash cam, nice bit of kit and showing Mph. I'll bite, where can I get one? Or make model?

@OP I would say 80% nothing to worry about.

Edit: found it, clue was in the zoomed pics.

Back
Top Bottom