Camera Phones

Permabanned
...does anyone else hate these things?

I think they're terrible and when I am at social gatherings I constantly see people taking pictures of people on their camera phones that are not part of their group.

It is usually done when someone sees someone they think is peculiar in some way, so takes a photo of them using their phone.

As a person with mental health problems (social anxiety) I find it distressing when people use their camera phone to take a photo of me. It doesn't happen very often but if I am in a crowded place I feel very uncomfortable and then I see it happen. I am never truly comfortable with a single person around me let alone a crowd.

I just think these camera phones are a terrible idea, does anyone here share this view?

Permabanned
...does anyone else hate these things?

I think they're terrible and when I am at social gatherings I constantly see people taking pictures of people on their camera phones that are not part of their group.

It is usually done when someone sees someone they think is peculiar in some way, so takes a photo of them using their phone.

As a person with mental health problems (social anxiety) I find it distressing when people use their camera phone to take a photo of me. It doesn't happen very often but if I am in a crowded place I feel very uncomfortable and then I see it happen. I am never truly comfortable with a single person around me let alone a crowd.

I just think these camera phones are a terrible idea, does anyone here share this view?

JanesyB catches some cracking photos of strangers doing annoying things. For that reason alone, I can get behind them.

Soldato
The fact that you've got social anxiety makes me wonder whether its a perception that someone is taking a picture of you, rather than a fact. I've never noticed what you've described.

Man of Honour
they have their place, but the way people seem to constantly use them (and phones in generally) is getting a bit out of hand - went to a concert the other day and the number of people constantly on their phones, recording and on the web was insane. If your going to go to see something actually watch it, instead of seeing it through a screen... your never going to re-watch the video, the quality is invariably horrible!

relevant:

Back
Top Bottom