Anyone use a Razer Nostromo or OrbWeaver?

Associate
I use a Nostromo, I find it loads easier to use than a keyboard for gaming, a lot of people seem to use them as a stepping stone into using the keyboard and only use them a couple of times then sell them on, personally I still don't like using the keyboard, so it's made my switch from controller to "keyboard" and mouse much better.

Associate
I use a Nostromo, I find it loads easier to use than a keyboard for gaming, a lot of people seem to use them as a stepping stone into using the keyboard and only use them a couple of times then sell them on, personally I still don't like using the keyboard, so it's made my switch from controller to "keyboard" and mouse much better.

That's exactly me. Used mine twice I think, will be heading towards an auction site soon.

Associate
No idea mate, but I was going to post a similar question as I've just ordered a Nostromo, as a stepping stone. I can't get used to keyboard for the life of me, But I thought it was about time I pulled my finger out. I bought a Merc Stealth to try that, with no luck, I found it harder.

Soldato
I was contemplating one of these but bought an Emprex 5139H keyboard without a numeric keypad. Only £15 and a better compromise for PC gaming IMO.

Associate
Used a Nostromo for years, even back to the first ones made by Belkin.

Got the Razer Nozzie now but held off the Orbweaver as its ridiculously expensive.

Always found it more comfortable than a normal keyboard but you'll still struggle going from a pad to keyboard but keep going as Mouse + KB is still vastly superioir.

Associate
Revive and old thread!

I've been using a Nostromo for the last 12 months (primarily for BF3) and loved it... Genuinely didn't think that it could get any better... Until the orbweaver haha... I went to a local shop and messed around on some mechanical keys and decided that for me browns are nicer than blues... so ordered an Orbweaver... Its awesome... I've had it for 1-2 weeks now and its taken a little getting used to (mainly the lack of D-pad and the new thumb sticky thing).

I occasionally try to use my Keyboard (razer Tarantula) and fail, much prefer a keypad.

Associate
I have the Orbweaver. mainly play mmo's or dota2 and it is brilliant. only use the kyeboard to play fps.

I would pay the extra also for the orbweaver over the nostramo. or get the tattaros (not sure how to spell) which is the replacement for the nostramo.

Associate
I have the Belkin N52TE. Brand new sitting in a drawer, took it out of the box,never used it as I find keyboard much easier. Maybe I should sell it on to a pad player.

Associate
I've got an Orbweaver Stealth (Cherry Blue keys) for a birthday / Christmas present this year. I was tempted by earlier incarnations of the keypad devices but never throught they had enough keys to be useful. The Orbweaver addresses that issue and has a few gimmicks about it that I may be able to put to use. I don't play FPS as much any more and have been playing a lot more WoW, WoT and Civ 5 which require a little less input and I think the keypad will be a natural progression. I'm right handed so quite intersted to see how easy i's going to be to 'retrain' the left hand to be more accurate with key presses on the smaller keypad.

Is it bad that at 41 years old I still love the smell of new hardware!!

Back
Top Bottom