Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 30th January 2014]

Soldato
Did you think he touched it? I really can't tell, watching online rather than tv so couldn't check it again. I think it could easily be given as he was playing a part in the play with both keeper and defender playing against him. But I think he got a very small touch on it to make Dawson actively offside at that point.

Penalty... those are sometimes not given.....

lol, on the replay, Bentaleb 15 handballs in one :p

Even if he didn't it's impossible to say that he wasn't interfering with play. Unless Dawson wasn't offside when the first ball was played.

Don
I guess it doesn't matter whether he got the ball or not as he's made an attempt to play the ball and is therefore active regardless. So although the lino's incorrectly given Dawson offside, the right call was offside on Adebayor.

Caporegime
I guess it doesn't matter whether he got the ball or not as he's made an attempt to play the ball and is therefore active regardless. So although the lino's incorrectly given Dawson offside, the right call was offside on Adebayor.

If he's given Dawson offside after Ade has touched it, then it's the right call(though he could also have given Ade offside). Once Ade heads it, Dawson is offside at that stage. Not sure which stage he decided he was offside though, he probably had the only really good view on the pitch of Ade heading the ball so it wouldn't surprise me if he gave it at that point.

Anyway, whichever bit it was given for, rightly or wrongly, it was the right outcome, goal shouldn't have stood.

Brunt's hit really was brilliant, and Bacuna's goal is still hilarious. 2-0 within the first 20 mins isn't working out well for most people this season.

Caporegime
So Taylor as far as he knew, didn't think it was a freekick, and the ref randomly blows a whistle to say it's not a goal.

I think if anything the ref says, come on, get on with it. If it's a free kick surely everyone would have heard the whistle, but CHelsea and West Ham players seemingly didn't?

EDIT:_ did everyone else pick up on Alladyce putting his name in the hat to take over from Moyes. "do you want us to come here and play expansive football like Utd and lose 3-0, I'm not that...." I forget what word he used, not that stupid, daft, something like that... :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I hate both players who do that, players who just have to put the arm on the back/shoulder of a player. That was never a yellow or a foul, just a complete and utter dive, felt the slightest touch, there was no pull, nothing to make him go down but threw himself to the floor. But there was no need to put his hand up, made the ref think he maybe did something though the ref shouldn't have bought it anyway.

Why do players insist on putting their hands up in those situations. Like when a player is backed into the corner, a defender will come in close in, stop but put their hands on the guys back, guy reacts, throws himself to floor and gets a freekick 9 out of 10 times.

Associate
Did that ******* really just criticsie West Ham for doing what he's done so often away from home against the bigger teams? :o

Not to mention some Chelsea fans who seem to have forgot that's exactly how Chelsea played to win the champions league. Wasn't it a 6 man defence at one point in the final?

Soldato
Surprise surprise another walloping by city. If it wasnt for the fact im off to australia zoo to pay homage to one of my heroes, steve irwin , id be a bit miffed

Back
Top Bottom